Factory extended warranty?

Jerry in TX

Some questions before I start negotiating on a specific vehicle. There are some reliability concerns regarding brakes, engine, transmission and others that lead me to consider an extended warranty for any DJ I buy. Somewhere else here I read that a factory extended warranty is better than a third party for the speed of service with few questions asked and better parts. So my questions are:

- Can you only get a factory extended warranty at a dealership?

- Can you only get a factory extended warranty at the time of purchase?

- Can I get a factory extended warranty on a 2013 DJ with 34k miles?

I can look up the costs but I think I might just negotiate the FEW into the purchase and not have to deal with it separately. Thoughts about that?

I purchased mine from my Dealer. I get cards all the time in the mail for extended warranties for vehicles which I no long own, so they are available outside the dealer network. The brake problem was on the earlier models. The problem was fixed by putting dual piston calipers on the front. Any DJ that you look at, make sure that the front calipers are larger than the rears. I bought my extended warranty mainly for the electronics. I purchased the "Platinum" package: $0 deductible, free oil changes and tire rotations. I get dizzy every time I read it!

BTW, the Crossroad also has the Touring Suspension. The build sheet lists 4 individual springs, so it may be just stiffer springs. Mine ride fine for me.

No.

No.

Yes.

You can purchase a Dodge warranty online as well.

You can buy a warranty after the purchase, but there is a limit on how late you can buy it and how many miles...

I personally bought the lifetime unlimited bumper to bumper factory warranty on mine. I financed my purchase in the loan, but this is certainly not necessary as they are very affordable.