Resonator delete

Hey guys. I went to the muffler shop the other day and was going to get super 40s put on. But now instead of going that route first I'm going to delete my resonator. Not the two black things at the back but just before the cat I'm going to replace that with a chunk of pipe. I've heard the avengers and for them it sounds good. Hope for us it'll sound the same. I go today at one

Are you talking about where the exhaust pipe gets fatter, approximately under the front passenger seat? Is that the resonator? I asked the same question on another thread, if anyone had just removed the resonator, since it has been established that the boxes at the end of the exhaust pipe are the mufflers. I was thinking of doing this. Can you confirm what they are cutting off and then maybe post a sound video? Thank you

All the resonator does is cancel certain sound waves. I doubt it will give you the sound you are looking for (using a Super40 as a reference), but if you heard it on the Avenger and are willing to take the risk, please post up your results. There are MANY interested members I'm sure...

I had my resonator removed yesterday. Sounds raspier at idle and more powerful (bigger engine) while driving with the windows closed and radio off. They charged me $162 to do this! They recommend that I change the mufflers to a VX Series (whatever that is) but want $500 to do it!

Anyone know what "VX Series Mufflers" are? Anyhow, I am constantly getting stares to my DJ - maybe the combination of the color, Hyper Black Wheels and the fatter tires. Now, since removing the resonator, I'm getting a lot more stares, especially from people in other cross-overs! Every one I know that sees it, loves it. One of my wife's friends showed it to her parents, and the went out and bought a black one. I haven't seen it, but she did say the the interior looked like mine. Maybe a LTD, or R/T?

Anyone know what "VX Series Mufflers" are? Anyhow, I am constantly getting stares to my DJ - maybe the combination of the color, Hyper Black Wheels and the fatter tires. Now, since removing the resonator, I'm getting a lot more stares, especially from people in other cross-overs! Every one I know that sees it, loves it. One of my wife's friends showed it to her parents, and the went out and bought a black one. I haven't seen it, but she did say the the interior looked like mine. Maybe a LTD, or R/T?

Owned by AP Exhaust Companies who now owns the Patent for the Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler... Pretty sure the will sound like a Blowmaster (video's on YouTube support this belief).

The guy who ripped me off pulling my resonator said the VX Series would sound good on my DJ; that they are not loud like a pick up truck. Having anything to do with Flowmaster, no deal for me. Removing the resonator was enough for me. And the looks keep coming!

Edited by dhh3

P255/50R19, the same size that was on the Red Show Crossroad last summer. Mine are Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus. It is hard to get a good close up picture: either too dark, or too light. On these you can see how they go past the edge of the rim on Crossroad wheels, which I believe have a slightly deeper dish than the rest of the 19" DJ wheels, and line up with the fender arches. When looking from the front, they actually go past the front fender arches.

With%20New%20Tires_zpsr001voae.jpg

IMG_0451_zps6154ee8d.jpg

These tires dimensions: Height: 5.02", .15" taller. Width: 10.04", 1.18" wider. Diameter: 29.04, .3" larger. All figures based on the Factory Khumos. I can not get my index fingernail between the front tire and the lower spring mount on the front strut, so I'm guessing that this might be the widest we can go on our DJ.