On the Fence

My wife and I are very interested in the 2009 SXT AWD Dodge Journey. This would be our first venture into the Dodge brand and after reading some posts it has brought on some concerns (trany, breaks, power steering etc.) So we are wondering if these were first time model hiccups and have been addressed or not?

We REALLY like this car, so any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks..... :happy feet:

I have to say that we LOVE our Journey. FWD SXT w/ performance steering & suspension (makes it feel more like a sports car than a crossover). It's comfortable and looks great. The storage is fantastic, big enough for all our stuff, but not too big.

However, we have had an unfortunate number of glitches to deal with. Though not every Journey owner has to put up with frequent returns to the dealership for warranty issues, it seems like the issues are split down the middle. What I mean is that the Journeys that have issues have several, and then there are Journey owners who have no problems at all.

I'm very happy everything is under warranty, but frustrated that I keep having to take time off work to bring the vehicle back for another repair/investigation.

It is difficult for me to recommend this vehicle to someone else, only because I am annoyed that I have had so many problems. If you take your chance and end up with a problem-free Journey, you will be very impressed with it. Even if there are problems, it's still a fun vehicle to drive.

My wife and I got our Journey about 3 weeks ago. Manufacture date was Jan '09. It's a FWD SXT. We have had almost no issues with it. There are a few things that I'm not crazy about, but for the price it couldn't be beat.

Down Sides:

Me and my wife both have the same phone (LG Chocolate 2) and neither will pair with the hands free

Drivers seat could be more comfortable

Transmission could shift smoother

When folding 2nd or 3rd row they hit the seats in front of the row you're folding

Up sides

Price

got 25.5 MPG on the way up to Ohio and 24 on the way back (more stuff in car on the way home)

rides nice

lots of storage

price

I think we're going to get a rooftop carrier to save interior space while traveling and bug/wind deflectors for the hood and doors.

Overall I'm happy with the Journey. We have been fortunate that nothing major has broken and we haven't had to make any trips to the dealership (knock on wood)

My wife and I got our Journey about 3 weeks ago. Manufacture date was Jan '09. It's a FWD SXT. We have had almost no issues with it. There are a few things that I'm not crazy about, but for the price it couldn't be beat.

Down Sides:

Me and my wife both have the same phone (LG Chocolate 2) and neither will pair with the hands free

Drivers seat could be more comfortable

Transmission could shift smoother

When folding 2nd or 3rd row they hit the seats in front of the row you're folding

Up sides

Price

got 25.5 MPG on the way up to Ohio and 24 on the way back (more stuff in car on the way home)

rides nice

lots of storage

price

I think we're going to get a rooftop carrier to save interior space while traveling and bug/wind deflectors for the hood and doors.

Overall I'm happy with the Journey. We have been fortunate that nothing major has broken and we haven't had to make any trips to the dealership (knock on wood)

There might be an update to both phones and or your mygig system,I would talk to the dealer about that.

We've got just over 15,500kms on ours, transmission still hunts for gears. The dealership says this is normal. There's a "sweet" spot, and if you don't hit the gas at that spot, it hunts for the gear. Makes sense, but I thought the Journey was supposed to have a "well-developed" drive train.

I'm undecided as to whether it's getting better, or I'm just getting used to it.

Well MAX.

Compared to the alternates with equal size and storage.

My opinion is great value for the money.

The things that drive me nuts are

The wind noise.... that drives me nuts.

The interior ac/heater motor that sounds like a 120 horsepower wind terbine supercharged turbo enhanced motor.

Freakin load.

Love the storage, smooth ride and ample leg room for both front and 2nd row seating.

The 6 cyl. engine. The GIG radio.

Oh ya ! Did I tell you about the outside cabin noise ( Wind )

I would highly recommend this car, er SUV, crossover.... :D

It has a lot of storage space with the third seat down. I personally find the vehicle very quiet on the road. Any road noise in My 2009 SXT is very minimal. I can hold a general conversation with folks in the third row without even raising my voice. I rent a lot of cars in my travels and I consistently enjoy getting back to my Journey. I rode in a rented Toyota minivan recently and I could not hold a conversation with the front seat.

I recently bought mine and they seem to have worked most of the problems out now. And hey, with a lifetime powertrain warranty guaranteed by the Federal govt, how can you go wrong?