Thinking About a New Journey

Ed11729

After owning three generations of Caravans (1988, 1994 and 1999), the later with 140,000 mi on the odo, I am thinking about buying a Journey SXT or R/T. I am meeting with the salesman on Monday to discuss $$. I am not sure if this vehicle is for me as I am 6'.1" and so used to the minivans. I am just tired of the minivans and need a change...OK folks...talk me into it. I am also not crazy about the tu tone seats, but I guess I can get used to that. I am new here and live on Long Island, NY (35 miles east of NYC).

After owning three generations of Caravans (1988, 1994 and 1999), the later with 140,000 mi on the odo, I am thinking about buying a Journey SXT or R/T. I am meeting with the salesman on Monday to discuss $$. I am not sure if this vehicle is for me as I am 6'.1" and so used to the minivans. I am just tired of the minivans and need a change...OK folks...talk me into it. I am also not crazy about the tu tone seats, but I guess I can get used to that. I am new here and live on Long Island, NY (35 miles east of NYC).

I am 6', about 200 pounds. I am comfortable in the seat and still have some adjustment both back and forth, and up and down. I wanted the R/T at first, but the extra little package that the R/T had over the SXT was not really worth the cost. Good luck on the journey! I love it!

I am 6'6" and 240lbs and have had 2 Chrysler Voyagers 1998 & 2001 (I Live in Australia) you call them Caravans - Just purchased a 2009 Dodge Journey RT 2.0L Diesel on the weekend and driven it 360km (225miles) Had never seen one (except on the internet) but after first seeing one and having a test drive it was a deal -all in an hour- Comfort is not a problem in the front and acceptable in middle row if the front seats are slightly forward for me. Still got the Voyager (can't be beaten for space) but the Journey is excellent. 60km city driving and 300km country (total 225 MILES) has returned 7.2l/100km or 39.5mpg and its meant to get better as the engine is run in. I think you will be very happy if you purchase the Journey

The only thing I can say is that I love my Journey. I love the way it rides and handles. The kids love the DVD system and wife loves the in floor coolers. I had to buy a dryer for the house and was looking and found one. It was a 7.0 cubic foot whirlpool. I thought I would have to go borrow a pick up,but we took it out of the box and it fit right in the back. It was snug,but it fit. I do not really like the 2tone color aspect for seats, but it does grow on you. So, if you want a cool CUV, it has my vote.