New Owners

ecl

We just purchased a 2009 AWD Journey the other day. We traded in a 2011 nissan juke, fun car just to small for us. We decided on the Journey because of all the storage it has, we are pretty impressed with that. I have come up with a problem that I cant seem to find out though. Its sat radio ready so we call in and gave our id and got it all switched over from our juke but when we push the sat button it just comes up saying call to subscribe. Even though we did that we cant get the channel to change, anyone know why?

It may take another call to Sirius. Have the car parked in an open area, with the radio on. The car does not need to be running. Then call them and ask them to resend the signal. Stay on the phone with them until it works, because Sirius' custom service is pretty bad.

It was out in the open when i first called them. I saw a post about it might needing a reboot, im going to try that and see what happens. I searched for a couple hours last night for anyone with the same issue before i asked then shortly after posting this i find something, figures.

well the reboot didnt work so any other suggestions? fm/am works fine but click on the sat button and it stays on that one message, also volume will go down but not up, no sound anyway but thought it was odd.

It is Sirius. They did the same thing to me. Stay on the phone with them until it works. I can't make it any clearer for you. I am still getting bills on my Nitro that I traded for my DJ a year ago. I had time left on the Nitro and added it to the DJs first free year. I ended up talking to three or four people. Make sure that your cellphone is not paired to the radio when you are doing this.

Ok I'll try. I haven't paired my phone with the car yet so it for sure isn't hooked up. It's just weird that I can't change channels, it normally will let flip through 3 channels

It will stay on one Channel, I think 180, which is basically an advertisement for Sirius, until their end is paired with your radio. Sirius has the worst CS that I have ever experienced. Dish runs a close second.

Since you haven't paired your cell phone with the radio yet, you can sit in the car until it works, talking to one of their bimbos.

I think it took me 30 - 45 minutes for them to put the Sirius in the DJ in my name, and add on the time that I had left on my Nitro, which is basically what you are trying to do. I was put on hold a few times, and talked to three or four people (?) until it finally worked. I do get a bill from them, every once in a while for $.56, which I have no intention of paying!

Edited by dhh3

I just find it weird that there isn't any sound, normally an add is playing and I can't turn it up when on there. I'm going to be calling tomorrow more than likely, swing shift schedule sucks some times.

Well call today and had the automated system refresh the signal. Didn't think it was going to work so got an actual rep on the line and then low and behold it starts working. Thank you again for your advice with out I would have just gone aftermarket instead of fighting them to get it to work