I had an odd glitch the other day and I'm hoping it wasn't a warning for something more serious.

I turned the headlights on, like I normally do, pulled out the toggle for the fog lights and every light on my dash/radio/gear shift turned off. My headlights were still on, but I had no interior lights at all, I couldn't see my speedometer, air controls, or anything. I had to turn it off and back on again to get them to work. It's only happened the one time.

If it happens again I'll report it. I know that's what my dealer will tell me to do anything if I report it now. Just want to know if anyone else has experienced this and if so, did it get worse?

Dang you are having some bad luck with your car :o I doubt it was a fluke. Hopefully it threw a code the dealer can retrieve it to figure out what happened. The really bad thing is if it happens again the dealer will be closed(business hours). Then you could take it to them while it was doing it. So they would not think you are full of it. I had a truck that blew out hot air on the passenger side and cold air on the driver side. Both sides were set to cold. Dealer couldn't figure it out. By the time I got it to the dealer the first few times it had already fixed itself. They told me to bring it in next time it happens to get a better idea of how to fix it. I got rid of the truck shortly afterwards.

Wonder if our cars were built on the same day :headscratch: :D

Just wondering if you have the "auto" setting on your headlight switch

I put mine on that setting & have never touched the switch since

Do you have daytime running lights? if so the lights will dim if it thinks its to dark & the headlights need to be on

I also thought I had a problem when the wipers were on in the daytime but it was set to a wiper=headlight automatic setting & my dash would dim out

Just a few thoughts

My Journey was built July 24, 2008. I am having a hard time with this vehicle....I swear it feels like if it wasn't for bad luck.....

I know what you're saying about the "Auto" setting. That's not the problem. I did the same thing I've always done, with this vehicle and my last, and every light went out, not just dimmed, there were no lights, like the car was off.

• 2 weeks later...