Ball joint issue

Hi,

I have a right ball joint issue, when i turn right it makes a noise. I have showed it to my mechanic and he told me that it needs replacement. Is this coverd under bumber to bumper standard warranty.

Year: 2012 SXT v6

Purchased: May 15, 2012

Delivery: May 16, 2012

Kms: 52,410

Since my warranty is going to expire in 3 days, i just want to know if this is covered or not so that i can take the vehicle to the dealership first thing 5/12 morning.

Thanks,

TJ

Well i took it to a different mechanic to pin point the issue, which was right ball joint. This morning i took the vehicle to the dealership and left the vehicle with them. The service guy called and told me that it isnt a ball joint, it is a some thing that goes on the pads. When i went their to pick the vehicle, i took it for a test drive and the noise was still there. I have left the vehicle with them to check it again. Basically this noise comes when i make a sharp right turn right, applying breaks or no breaks doesn't matter. don't know what they will tell tomorrow so i guess its just a waiting game at this time.

You've got it documented that there is A problem before.the warranty expires, so you should be good as far as getting it covered as long as it's a warranty item (which it probably should be since tbe only "wear" items at 36,000 miles should be tires, oil, filters, spark plugs (2.4l @ 30k miles), and MAYBE brake pads).

I have an update, i took the car to my mechanic and he replaced the break pads and i don't have any issue. Now, I have in writing from the dealership that they have replaced ball joints but when i looked at these with my mechanic, looks like these are not replaced at all. He has given me in writing that the ball joints have not been replaced. Ball joints are rusty and there are no marks on the nuts, these are rusty as well. I am going to take it to canadian tire and have them inspect and tell me in writing if these are replaced or not. Any suggestions as to what should i do about the dealership making a false claim? They must have charged Dodge as warranty claim.

Edited by tahirjadoon