Tire Review: Yokohama YK580 235/55/R19

onecrazyfoo4u

I bought these tires 1.5 years ago when my 2012 FWD DJ was at 40k miles. Just replaced the Yoko's (they were almost completely bald) with Cooper CS5 tires at 86k miles. So I got 46k miles out of the Yoko's with ~90% highway driving in the desert. I expected more considering the 580 treadwear and 60k mile warranty. I can't do a prorated warranty claim since I rotate my own tires. If you have record of a shop doing rotations then you could make a claim.

Anyways, the tires were excellent performers for the vehicle; world's better than the stock Kuhmo's. The grip was very good in wet or dry (only saw snow once and did just fine). Never felt unsafe. They were insanely quiet tires, never got loud, even down to the very end of life. They provided a very good, comfortable ride. Towards the end the ride got a bit bumpier and not as kooshy, but that's expected. I had them mounted and balanced the first initial time, and never had to get them balanced again. They tracked straight and were never out of balance (even with the crappy California roads/potholes).

I would definitely buy them again, but just consider them more of a 500 treadwear tire. I went with the Cooper CS5's due to the excellent reviews, 620 treadwear rating, and I got a great deal on them from Discount Tire, $530! I would have gotten the Yoko's if they were around that price range.

Excellent tires! Just hope the Cooper's hold up to the same!

I could write the exact same review for my Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus tires, except for the fact that these tires have an 80,000 mile tread wear warranty. Since I only have about 3,000 miles on them so far, I'll get back to you in about 10 years! I do not drive as much as I used to.