Costaltech Unconnect AIR V2

Thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these. I had the lockpick adapter on the Mygig in my 06 Charger and it enabled me to enter in nav directions while driving and my son was able to watch DVD movies from the back seat while driving. It was pretty nice to unlock all of the locks. Anyone here have it installed?

https://www.coastaletech.com/uconnectairv1.htm

Edited by Antdog24

Nothing personal, but I tried Coastal Tech products twice. Both tries failed. The first one couldn't be installed as pins in male connectors were not aligned to females. The second try (on my current JOunrey) with this exact product - AIR V2 - failed to launch. Installed, switch on - nothing.

So I personally of a low opinion of the quality from this company. Very promising and bright idea, but poor execution, unfortunately.

Because the LockPick is designed to work with all Mopar radios, there are dip switch settings for High Speed or Low Speed CanBus applications. I have no idea what the DJ uses. But, maybe this is not the case anymore.

• 3 months later...

Nothing personal, but I tried Coastal Tech products twice. Both tries failed. The first one couldn't be installed as pins in male connectors were not aligned to females. The second try (on my current JOunrey) with this exact product - AIR V2 - failed to launch. Installed, switch on - nothing.

So I personally of a low opinion of the quality from this company. Very promising and bright idea, but poor execution, unfortunately.

Just a heads up, you were using the wrong product. Not sure if their website has been updated since you purchased the product, but it's very clear now that the V1 is for specific models, and the V2 is for others. Example, V1 is for Chrysler 300's, Journeys, and non-SRT Chargers. V2 is for RAM, Jeep, Durango, etc. This is because Chrysler made some significant hardware changes and essentially "branched" the UConnect product into kind of a premium and value line (that's my interpretation anyway). if you look at features, the V2 UConnects have other more advanced stuff like phone app integration, pandora, etc.

Did you email their support? I'm still looking into their Lockpick Air V1, and I received a super-fast reply in email. I would hope their support would be quick to tell you a bout the V1/V2 compatibility.

Just a heads up, you were using the wrong product. Not sure if their website has been updated since you purchased the product, but it's very clear now that the V1 is for specific models, and the V2 is for others. Example, V1 is for Chrysler 300's, Journeys, and non-SRT Chargers. V2 is for RAM, Jeep, Durango, etc. This is because Chrysler made some significant hardware changes and essentially "branched" the UConnect product into kind of a premium and value line (that's my interpretation anyway). if you look at features, the V2 UConnects have other more advanced stuff like phone app integration, pandora, etc.

Did you email their support? I'm still looking into their Lockpick Air V1, and I received a super-fast reply in email. I would hope their support would be quick to tell you a bout the V1/V2 compatibility.

Their site changed significantly since I purchased the lockpick. At the time I was on the market it showed application for each product and DJ was in the list for AIR2. I did contact support and they were not able to resolve. They did return, though, so no bad feelings about that experience. I never missed LockPick, though :)