Accident magnet

bfurth

This the claim that won't end. Last week, the results of the inter-agency arbitration hearing came back. I am clearly not at fault in any way (hooray for common sense!) The other two drivers are 50% liable for all damages. Shocking - he said/she said with no reliable witness to refute either claim, but a 3rd party victim results in 50% damages issued to each of the can't-be-not-at-fault drivers. Almost 8 months to get to this point.

I sent paperwork over for my diminished value claim - one insurance company got back to me within 48 hours with a promise of a check (pending completion of release of future liability) for 50% of the claimed loss (100% of what I was hoping to recover from them) with no fight what so ever. The other company is Liberty Mutual (the same insurance company that invented the formula that I'm sure they're going to try and use.) KBB didn't even have numbers back in April when I got my DJ back, but the numbers the dealership gave me for trade in then are within 5% of what KBB says now, so the numbers play out accurately. I just have to sit back and wait.

The good news is that the claim is enough to pay off the gutters I just had installed, buy a lifetime/unlimited mileage Added Care Plus for the DJ, and throw a bunch into savings (which will be used to pay off a portion of the roof I had to put on my house this summer). Can I go back to having no financial responsibilities?