62te valve body

Yoeman

I tried to copy and paste from the manual but there are too many images to do it in one post, so there will be multiples. Hope this helps:

21 - Transmission and Transfer Case/Automatic - 62TE/VALVE BODY/Removal REMOVAL
collapse.gif Labor Operations: Click to display a list of Labor Operations associated with this procedure
collapse.gif Special Tools: Click to display a list of tools used in this procedure

Click here to launch the form to order any tools you need.

8875A - Disconnect, Transmission Cooler Line

Originally Shipped In Kit Number(s) 9202, 9328, 9328-CAN, 9329, 9516, 9575.
  1. Remove the engine cover.
    GUID-08-051-001-92732.jpg CAUTION:

The negative battery cable remote terminal (2) must be disconnected and isolated from the remote battery post (1) prior to service of the vehicle electrical systems. The negative battery cable remote terminal can be isolated by using the supplied isolation hole (3) in the terminal casing.

2. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable (2) remote terminal from the remote battery post (1).

3. Remove air cleaner body. (Refer to 09 - Engine/Air Intake System/BODY, Air Cleaner - Removal)

4. Remove windshield washer reservoir. (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8R - Wipers/Washers/RESERVOIR, Windshield Washer - Removal)
    GUID-21-051-240-62845.jpg

5. Disconnect oil cooler lines (1) from transaxle using Trans Cooler Line Disconnect 8875A . (Refer to

1. If equipped remove the fasteners (1) and the Front Sound Damper Cover (2).

GUID-21-051-000-65729.jpg
  2. Remove the top valve body oil pan (3) bolts.
  3. Remove the lower valve body oil pan bolts (2) and drain transmission fluid.
  4. Remove the valve body oil pan.

GUID-21-051-000-65733.jpg
  5. Remove the electrical connector (1) at the valve body (2).

Thanks very much for the info

I did manage to remove the valve body and replaced the solenoid pack with one from ebay but now the service awd is on and I can't get the transmission to shift in sport or manual mode Not sure if it will shift on a road test as my power steering pump pulley has a bend in it so I'm now trying to figure out how to get that out. Any info on that would also be great

When the engines running at idle in park I can hear a clicking noise every 30 seconds or so in the solenoid body

I suspect a broken wire but still looking

We had to replace the solenoid pack on my Journey last month as it was damaged in an accident. Once it was replaced, there was a fluid fill and quick learn procedure that had to be done in the shop. You'll have to take it to a dealer or a shop with the correct scan tool to have that done. Not sure if the clicking sound is related to that or not. Autostick may be disabled due to the fault code that has set the Service AWD message. Certain transmission codes will disable that feature.