Anxiously Awaiting

Lou

So...

Having picked out my Journey early last week it will have been 2 weeks in between ordering and picking it up. Not even close to as long as many people have waited but it still seems to be taking forever (which is my fault I suppose since I need to wait one more pay before having my full down payment)! But maybe it also seems to be taking so long because I am going from an 18 year old honda to this and I can't wait! First new car for me and it is a fully loaded Deep Water Blue R/T. Normally I wouldn't have spent so much or been looking for so many features but this was a demo model so of course it came with all the bells and whistles at a (slightly) discounted price. Also, I figured it was about the same price as the mid model of the Ford Edge which I was also considering but with more funky features. It has the: Convenience Group 2, Flexible seating group, Entertainment group 2, Rear seat video group 1 and the sun roof.

I am little worried about all the issues people have noted on this forum with theirs but I have not noticed anything amiss in the 2 test drives or multiple look-overs so hopefully they ironed out the kinks during it's 6 months as a demo. Well...I will let you all know how it goes once I have it.

An Update....

I have now had the car for two days and while that may not seem like enough time to really judge, so far I LOVE it! I love everything, the noise is so quiet, love the sun roof, having air conditioning is a wonderful bonus (since my last car did not), the stereo is great, all the storage is also great. Needless to say Ive spent a lot of time in my car in the last two days lol.

The only thing I am not sure about yet is the leather seats, having never owned leather before and never sat on leather seating in cars either I didnt know what to expect. I love the look of it, think it really ups the look of the car. However, don't so much like the fact that if it is at all hot my legs sweat very quickly if I don't have the a/c on. So, not loving that so much and don't really want to buy a seat cover (cause whats the point of the look of the leather then?) but if it keeps up like this I am going to have to as when it's 35 degrees this summer Im gonna need it! Now, knowing this I think any cars I buy from now on will need to be fabric seats but since this was a Demo model and I didnt really have a choice its good to know that for now. My opinion on this may change after Ive broken it in a bit but we will see.

I'll let you know more when I have had it longer!