Shaking at complete stop

Marius

Hi,

Yes, seems this is my time, another issue, engine or transmission

Just brought the car to the dealer for a comprehensive inspection and one of the issues we were looking at was the "tremble" of the car at complete stop at the light/stop sign. It literally shakes, you feel in the pedal, shifter and depending on its mood seat. I don't find it normal, dealer said it was a ONE time misfire from #2, but after they reset it this morning it's back. So back it goes the car tomorrow morning.

Any idea? Yes, in the past (1+ year) they reset the ECM for the rough shift issue from 2-3rd, but WTH, seriously, I just want a car problem free ...like my Mercedes

It will get fixed under warranty. Did you get a check engine light with the misfire?

Yup, they deleted the error and said it was a one time only and didn't come up during test drive. Still at the office, but my wife said it's back.

You could always sell and buy another Mercedes.

Sure, Chrysler pays me back for the car I'll spend that on a new GL. :)

Look, the story is a bit incomplete, I love this car and it has brought me a lot of good memories. What pisses me off is that I most likely would have identified and taken care of ALL issues had I just done the maintenance myself. Being a new car I foolishly thought it'd be better to just have a dealer service it. Well, I did get "serviced": 2k on new tires at 7000km odometer, new allignmet now, new rotors and all the bells and whistles that most likely will pop up soon ...definitely makes me an unhappy camper.

Worst even though is that I contacted corporate thinking they'd recognize the fault in their techs ...nope, I'm being told to bend over and take it, no lube. Not going to happen! I'll fix it because it's the family hauler. Had I known of the issues I'd experience with it though I'd stayed far away and just gotten a GL. My wagon has close to 300000 km and still rides better than my 2012 Journey RT ...problem free.

I wouldn't give up totally on Corporate... You may have just gotten someone that was a bit of a dick. As annoying as it may be, sometimes you need to be a pest. Is this the dealer you described in your other post that was being very helpful? Sounds like a dealer issue to me. I don't see why, especially when there is an MIL on, they would not troubleshoot and fix the issue the first time.

On my wife's car there was a very small amount of oil staining on top of the alternator and the dealer replaced every gasket above that point in the engine, even though they couldn't determine where the leak was originating. This is the kind of service I expect from my dealer and I would accept nothing less. Vancouver is a pretty populated area, surely there are other dealers you could try, no?

Regardless, good luck and let us know how it turns out.

I wouldn't give up totally on Corporate... You may have just gotten someone that was a bit of a dick. As annoying as it may be, sometimes you need to be a pest. Is this the dealer you described in your other post that was being very helpful? Sounds like a dealer issue to me. I don't see why, especially when there is an MIL on, they would not troubleshoot and fix the issue the first time.

On my wife's car there was a very small amount of oil staining on top of the alternator and the dealer replaced every gasket above that point in the engine, even though they couldn't determine where the leak was originating. This is the kind of service I expect from my dealer and I would accept nothing less. Vancouver is a pretty populated area, surely there are other dealers you could try, no?

It's not the dealer I had an issue with, went and did some research and reading and found a really nice place, people seem to have good impression of their service. I went and spoke to them upfront, they were super concerned, showed interest, so far it's good.

• 2 weeks later...

Little update here, Cylinder head issue for #2 cylinder misfire error. Car's been at the dealership since Friday of last week.

• Official Dodge Support

Little update here, Cylinder head issue for #2 cylinder misfire error. Car's been at the dealership since Friday of last week.

Marius,

Glad to hear the issue was identified, any news from your dealer?

Hopefully things will be looking up once you get your vehicle back.

Marius,

Wes, things will only be looking up once the supervisor calls me and lets me know where do I send the bill for: brand new set of tires and comprehensive inspection and alignment that were needed. I'll assume the rotors and the pads, and the install, but I refuse being a putz and a victim. You guys either set up amicably with me on this or we can take it to court. The choice is yours

Marius,

Sorry, should have also mentioned the car is done, don't have the spreadsheet in front of me with the parts that were replaced, I just know it was a cylinder #2 head issue. They tested -switched coils- and same error popped up so they replaced it.

Haven't driven yet the car, my dad says it handles better. Will have to see

• Official Dodge Support

Wes, things will only be looking up once the supervisor calls me and lets me know where do I send the bill for: brand new set of tires and comprehensive inspection and alignment that were needed. I'll assume the rotors and the pads, and the install, but I refuse being a putz and a victim. You guys either set up amicably with me on this or we can take it to court. The choice is yours

Marius,

Please check your PM as I've responded with some details.