Portable 1TB Hard Drive in a 2014 Journey

Will a 1 TB external hard drive work in a 2014 Journey? I have no reading on the display when I plug in the hard drive USB. Nothing works for the USB adapter.

It is a 1 TB external hard drive, with about 25 GB of audio files on the 1TB.

The audio files are wma/NTFS format. Do they need to be changed to something else, or is there a different problem & solution?

They need to be MP3s as far as I know. I'm not sure if the device can handle NTFS formatted drives.

I've not tried to stick any of my external drives to see if that much data and that many files is a problem - I have an iPod plugged into mine and I have tried a 16 Gig card, which works fine . . . . . .

One possible issue is that there may not be enough power available at the USB port to operate the hard drive - you might try using an external power supply to see if that works.

Edited by bramfrank

Do you use itunes? If all your songs were in an itune library, you would have a huge ipod. It will recognize an iPod, so you should be able to use it as a giant ipod, as long as it is not updated to the latest software. Uconnect is not ready for that yet! Uconnect is working on a fix, but I do not, nor do they, know when it will be ready.

The songs were originally NTFS format, I have changed them ALL to mp3 format.

The 1TB external hard drive still won't work.

I have a really small 1.1 MB USB stick, and added a few mp3 songs to that. It worked perfectly.
I have since found out that the Journey's USB won't play anything larger than a 8 GB file.

Can anyone confirm?

NTFS is a file system. MP3 is a music data format. A suspect you meant to say it won't deal with any drive larger than 8 GB.

Someone else will need to confirm. I don't feel like loading up a 32 Gig card with music, since I run an iPod - a waste of almost reasonable technology.