Panel removal

lytefall

If they are anything like the Nitros, you need to remove the trim across the top and bottom of the hatch. They should be held in place with metal friction clips. Use a panel removal tool if you have one, so as to not ding the edges of the plastic trim. I just went out and looked at my DJ. The Nitro had exposed screws for the cargo hooks, which screwed into metal behind the panel. I did not see any screws on the DJ, but I'm guessing that they have to be removed, along with the four round hooks for the cargo net. Then the hole panel should just pull out; held in place with metal friction clips also.

Edited by dhh3

I believe that I saw a post for the reverse camera install and the rear seats needed to be removed as well...

If you decide to do it, it would be great if you captured a few pics and documented the process for others that are interested. I know that when spring comes I will be attempting a stealth subwoofer box install behind the panel and would love to get a look at it before tearing into the project. Good luck!

When the left rear panel was off of mine at the Dealer for the rear view camera install, there did not seem to be enough room for a decent sub box.

As you said, the left rear 3rd row seat was out also.

I don't want to take over this thread, but if you mold it to the panel with fiberglass and use ALL of the space (meaning a very strange shape), you MAY be able to get enough airspace for a decent 10" sub...

Thanks for the info. I was just wanting a look behind to see if I accidentally nicked a wire when I installed a fire extinguisher bracket due to some electrical quirks that have popped up since. Not sure I want to pull the seats out etc just for curiosities sake. It's going into the dealer shortly so I will wait and see what they find first.

If I decide to tackle it I will definitely

document it and post it here.

Edited by lytefall