We have a rear entertainment system (VES) in our Journey, and the manual says that when the car is turned off and then turned back on, the DVD will start up right where it left off. Well, this only happens about half of the time. Otherwise it just starts over like we just put the DVD in. When that happens, I can hear the disc changer moving around - even before I put the key in the ignition. I went out to the car to get something out hours after I got home, and I could hear the disc changer moving around.

Anybody else have this problem or know what is causing it? We took it to the dealer, and they were no help.

I have the same symptoms with mine. We don't use it too much so I have not even asked the dealer about it.

I had the same issue. Plus the TV never turned back on when the car was started. I had to go into the menu and turn on the rear ves everytime I got in. I asked the dealer about it and they said if I turned on rear ves in the main menu then the TV should come on everytime I start the car witout my intervention.

Another thing I noticed too is whatever you left the HVAC controls at when you turn it off, it will not be the same when you start it back up. Or maybe it is that way when you use the autostart feature. I put it on defrost and fan on high thinking it would melt off the frost from over night. Nope it switched back to something else.

I would bet the same thing would happen with the air conditioner. One of the benefits of having an autostart is to make the cabin comfy before entering.

Another thing I noticed too is whatever you left the HVAC controls at when you turn it off, it will not be the same when you start it back up. Or maybe it is that way when you use the autostart feature. I put it on defrost and fan on high thinking it would melt off the frost from over night. Nope it switched back to something else.

I would bet the same thing would happen with the air conditioner. One of the benefits of having an autostart is to make the cabin comfy before entering.

I noticed the same thing.