2015 Dodge Journey

Fat Pirate

When I bought my 2008 Charger & my 2014 200, I had to leave the driver door open and hit the locks on the key fob to initiate the security alarm. If you didn't do this the car would lock but no audible alarm. After this initiation when you hit the locks on the key fob there was a light on the dash to show the audible alarm was set. How do I do this with my 2015 Journey?

I tested it by locking the vehicle & opening the passenger door and the alarm didn't sound which is how I found out about this on the Charger (accident). Once I initiated it there was a flashing light on dash and when you opened the door with it locked the alarm siren would sound until you shut it off.

Sorry I misunderstood. The way to test the alarm would be to lower the window on the driver door. Then, close the door and lock it with the fob. Wait 30 seconds for the alarm to arm, then reach in through the open window and open the driver door using the inside handle. The car will see that as an intrusion and sound the horn and flash the lights. Disarm by unlocking the door with the fob.

Make sure that it is armed before opening the door. I always test from the driver's side so you can watch the LED in the tach to see when it is armed. When the LED stops flashing rapidly and blinks once every few seconds, then it is ready. Perhaps your Journey is not equipped? I could check for you - all I need is the last eight digits of your VIN.