So I've been gathering up my order list for /Christmas time today I took a peice of glue from my headlight and wanted to know if it was permaseal or not, the glue melted so this means I won't have to use a cutting iron to open these lights up. Has anyone else done their own retrofit? I've used the Gatling gun shroud before but it seems kinda small for our housing. Opinions????

The issue is the space of the headlight surround. It tappers inward towards the bowl, and measures at 4, 3/16" closest spot. So even if your projector is dead centre it still has to fit in the headlight surround and still have space for vertical headlight adjustment. If you factor in everything it's either go with the mini Gatling gun shroud it fits with no issues, or go with a 2.5-3" projector shroud and make it fit by cutting the headlight surround. Both are doable it's just how much work do you want to do.

Other option is MD2S square projector with a square Apollo 2.0 shroud. I also think the square projector will look good in the Journeys headlights.

If your lights are factory they will be permaseal. The problem with permaseal is not the outside stuff it's the inside stuff does not get hot enough to melt so it can take 3-6 bakes to get them fully opened.

I would probably just use a heat gun I don't want to chance them getting warped. But at least if I could use the gun I'd take my time and not ruin anything. I would love to do the d2sbut I'm not making the holder any bigger than it is. I won't have this vehicle forever. Other than that if I were to keep it I'd get the square projector cause it would look perfect was also contemplating using and cutting iron

I would probably just use a heat gun I don't want to chance them getting warped. But at least if I could use the gun I'd take my time and not ruin anything. I would love to do the d2sbut I'm not making the holder any bigger than it is. I won't have this vehicle forever. Other than that if I were to keep it I'd get the square projector cause it would look perfect was also contemplating using and cutting iron

the amount of heat needed to open permasealed housings isn't enough to warp the lens. You can do it either way you like, but I find that the oven is the easiest method for controlling heat and getting even heating on all of the edges...

Have u opened these headlights? I've openexc my elantra headlights via oven but I herd permaseal is not able to be warmed up by the oven?

My avenger lights were permasealed and I was able to get them open... it takes longer and it takes more heat, but it can be done. I actually had to keep putting them back in the oven because it takes a little longer and they would cool down. This is the reason I like using the oven. Even heat allows you to move more quickly then if you are moving the heat source around the light.

For my Journey retrofit I bought NSF certified TYC lights from Rockauto.com... Much easier to work with.

Yea I dont really want to spend extra money if I don't have to. I'll just use these lights

I hear you on that... Luckily, the lights were remarkably cheap through Rockauto. I just don't have the time to complete a project like this all in one day, so getting an extra set was a no-brainer. If you are going to be buying your stuff through TRS I would suggest waiting until Black Friday. They have a huge sale every year and you will save a TON of $$$...

Im pretty up to date on it I had a retro I did myself on my elantra last winter. Had amber xb halo with amber led strip. Looked wild. Probably going to do the same set up with this one. Looked OEM and not over kill. I think the 6000k LEDs are over done and sometimes its just to much. Amber is nice, but TRS just came out with rgb halo in the works. They say they will be selling them on November so I might grab those not 100%, they owe me a set cause my last xb halos over a few weeks I noticed about 12 LEDs burnt out on the left and right sides. I tried to upload a pick of my old set up big its says its to big

Im pretty up to date on it I had a retro I did myself on my elantra last winter. Had amber xb halo with amber led strip. Looked wild. Probably going to do the same set up with this one. Looked OEM and not over kill. I think the 6000k LEDs are over done and sometimes its just to much. Amber is nice, but TRS just came out with rgb halo in the works. They say they will be selling them on November so I might grab those not 100%, they owe me a set cause my last xb halos over a few weeks I noticed about 12 LEDs burnt out on the left and right sides. I tried to upload a pick of my old set up big its says its to big

put it in your gallery. unlimited space in there.