iOS 8 & UConnect Issues

So, after some experimentation with a 4s, 5s, and a 6(all running iOS 8.x), it seems if you disable the "show all music" setting under settings->music the device(basically getting rid of all icloud songs not downloaded to the device) the browse, search and controls all work just fine. So Uconnect, you just need to make it work with cataloged songs on the device regardless if they are local to the device or not......

So, after some experimentation with a 4s, 5s, and a 6(all running iOS 8.x), it seems if you disable the "show all music" setting under settings->music the device(basically getting rid of all icloud songs not downloaded to the device) the browse, search and controls all work just fine. So Uconnect, you just need to make it work with cataloged songs on the device regardless if they are local to the device or not......

You do realize the UConnect will never see your post on this forum, right?

Well, I know it's only been a few days, but having an issue with iOS 8 on 2 devices and UConnect. Using the software update that came out 9/15/2014, but still having the issue.

From everything I have gathered IOS8 was a problem in itself so do an upgrade to 8.1 ASAP.

Terry

You do realize I was just trying to help people out until Uconnect fixes their issues right? You do realize that I sent a link to this thread to Uconnect after I posted it right?

Ha! I love it... Kind of like interacting with my 8 year-old... :doh:

The information you provided was excellent and nothing I have seen posted yet; all I'm saying is that UConnect isn't going to give a wet fart about your post (even if you sent them a link)... People have been contacting them about this issue for a long time to no avail and with the consumer support that Apple has, if it hasn't happened yet, it's probably not going to.

I'll pray for you guys to get a fix every night before bed though... :goodnight:

Edited by Lobitz68

The million dollar question... I'll see if I can remember to hook the wife's iPhone up to mine and check it out. Pretty sure she has 8.1 on there now.

My iPhone with my carrier worked much better on 8.1 rather than 8.0. just me though, others may differ.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

The current version of Uconnect is 14/27/B5

iOS8.1 did NOT fix my iTunes issue playing thru Uconnect

if you go to uconnectphone.com, it will tell you what phones are compatible with the latest version of Uconnect. iOS8 is still not listed. Apple is slow!