2009 SE Adding DVD

I just picked up a 2009 Journey SE this week and saw that it has the buttons for voice commands/phone but I get a "uconnect not installed" error when using those. This isn't a big deal as voice commands have never worked well for me any way. I also noticed that the 6 disc changer lists DVD support but it doesnt have a rear screen or any video screen on the front. I'm trading it back in in a year or so or I would put in an aftermarket deck with everything like I did in my old car.

What parts would I require to hook up rear monitors to use the DVD feature without needing a new head unit?

• 5 months later...

The DJs with the old style dash used the MyGig style radios. If you find a factory DVD player, it will plug into the big white receptacle on the back of the radio. All of these series of radios came with the Uconnect buttons, but you have to get the external module for Uconnect to work. These units come with a small microphone that you can stick on the ceiling anywhere you want, and they are very simple to install. The included harness just piggy backs into the gray speaker/power receptacle. These units are still available on ebay.

You guys with these radios are lucky. I'd give up my 8" for my RBZ MyGig anyday. You can get your radio out without taking out 1/2 of the dash!

Edited by dhh3