rear floor lift

2late4u

Well getting ready to go on a long trip and needing a little more room in the back and with the 2 seat option you have a 3 section lift floor that gives you more storage. problem is when dodge designed it, they put the side with the carpet on to match the car on the back section that you have to lift up,it is very hard to use the way you have to lift it so. I just flipped the whole thing upside down and put the smooth vinal side face up and it makes it alot more sense and you can then lift the one end section up with one hand instead of having to wrestle with it the way it comes from the factory you have to use two hands to flip both sections just to put something under there. What the hell was the dodge enginers were thinking when they come up with their way of doing it.Have had the car for about 2-3months and have been fighting with this since I got it... LOL oh well

• 4 weeks later...

Had a 5 seater 2010 DJ R/T when we were still down home in Texas, in that we had a slide out, sectional, false floor in the back that covered the recess.
Only had carpet on the false floor and the side wall, the well had a coating on it but it was great extra storage place for road trips. When we were not

needing it we just put the false floor back in. I miss that Dj and the versatility of the false but both our 2013 & 2014 DJs are 7 seater models, so we have a
removable Thule roof capsule for extra space on road trips and it is brilliant. Just thought you might appreciate the input.

Y'all have a safe trip now.