alternate fuel placements?

poindexter

Greetings..

I recently picked up a 2010 RT.. my previous vehcles since 1990 have been burning LPG Gas (propane)... just to let you know, here in Canada north of toronto,, gasoline is running at about 1.30 per Liter or $4.92 cents per U.S. Gallon. whereas LPG is between 50 and 59 cents per L or just shy of $2 per Gallon.

The cost to convert to duel fuel is about 4,000 plus you get a governement incentive of roughly 1600 back.. the payback is only months in fuel savings... my question is has anyone done an LPG conversion where the tank (80 to 100L) does not hamper the cargo space? there does not seem to be any space under the vehicle and all my other vehicles from chrysler 5th ave (truck), chrysler 300 (trunk... cab forward layout allowed plenty of trunk space) and my 97 GM pickup was fitted in the cargo area with a deck on top of the tank). I really can't see any place where I won't lose cargo space... its a 7 passanger vehicle. but its only myself and my lady and lots of travel..

thanks

• 1 month later...