flat battery: cause found?

hello

I have a Fiat Freemont 2012 bought recently. I also found myself with a flat battery a couple of weeks ago. Battery is replaced in the meanwhile, but by accident I think I found the cause why the battery went dead. It seems that, in some cases (no fixed scenario though), the dashboard lightning doesn't go out when locking the car. (I'm not talking about the reading lights on top).

Normally, the 2 indicators which show your speed and RPM and also the screen of the inboard computer (which shows your mileage) should turn off 15 seconds or so after you lock the car. In some cases though, they don't go out, nor does the start button (it's stays lit, and the word "OFF" keeps on being lit in yellow). So the red light in the dashboard starts flashing (showing you that the alarm is active) but the speed & RPM & mileage screen keep being lit.

Each time I lock the car, I stay now for 1 minute to check if everything turns off as it should. In case it doesn't, I have to restart the car, shut it down and close it again, that's the only way to solve it. VERY ANNOYING!!!

As said, no fixed scenario, although I have the impression that it occurs more when you lock the car without the remote (so when you push the button on the door handle). And to make it more complex, it doesn't always occur, only in 20% of the time...

Anyone an idea?

thx in advance for your help!

regards
Kenny

Edited by TRASH3