2012 R/T Wheel Bearing Front

well replacing another part on the 2012 front passenger side wheel bearing Only 65,000 km. Bought a premium SKF one 250.00 CAN with tax.

I am just trying to search the web for the axle nut size and axle nut torque specs. can't seem to find anything. I have a 36 mm I have from my Pontiac Grand Prix didn't check yet on the size .Any info will help , . Will be doing the work in a week or so................Thanks ,......Caper.......

I don't have the but measurement but here are some torque values if you need:

Installation INSTALLATION GUID-02-010-004-91238.gif

FRONT HUB AND BEARING MOUNTING

1. Install the hub and bearing (1) by sliding it over the half shaft and into the knuckle.

2. Install the four bolts (2) fastening the hub and bearing (1) to the knuckle (3). Tighten the four bolts to 48 N·m (35 ft. lbs.).

3. Install the brake rotor, disc brake caliper and adapter. (Refer to Brakes/Hydraulic/Mechanical/ROTOR, Brake - Installation)

GUID-02-010-013-91246.gif

HUB NUT

NOTE

Always install a new hub nut. The original hub nut is one-time use only and should be discarded when removed.

4. Clean all foreign matter from the threads of the half shaft outer C/V joint.

5. Install the hub nut (1) on the end of the half shaft (2) and lightly tighten it.

6. While a helper applies the brakes to keep the hub from rotating, tighten the hub nut (1) to 160 N·m (118 ft. lbs.).

GUID-02-010-016-91244.gif

TIRE AND WHEEL MOUNTING

7. Install the tire and wheel assembly (1) (Refer to 22 - Tires and Wheels - Installation). Install and tighten wheel mounting nuts (3) to 135 N·m (100 ft. lbs.).

8. Lower the vehicle.

• 2 months later...

I Bought it in August and it has about 125000 Km on it. It was a chore to remove the old one. I had to gradually work it out using a hammer and chisel as a wedge. It was surprising how much rust was present in a 3-4 yr old vehicle. It looks like poor design is partially to blame. Salt and water can get in there from the drive shaft side of the knuckle. .I slathered the new one with antiseize so hopefully that'll make things easier for the next time. At least the Moog hub assembly I bought has a lifetime warranty so it'll just be my labour next time.