Uconnect 4.3: presets change/no radio

Hello

I bought a Fiat Freemont (the European equivalent of the Dodge Journey) last week. I love the car, but I'm very disappointed with the radio. It acts real strange:

1/ I have presets programmed, but when I push the button of eg preset 1 (which shows eg 88.6 FM), the radio sometimes goes to 89.5 FM (which is another radio channel. AF (alternative frequency) is switched on. In this way, presets are totally useless, because you go to completely other channels than programmed... When switching off the engine and restarting, it's solved (for a while)

2/ In some cases, it's impossible to switch to radio. When I push the radio button, the CD/USB pauses, but I don't get the screen with the frequency, presets,...

Ejecting the CD & USB doesn't help: impossible to go to the radio screen. All the other screens climate, settings, etc work by the way. When pressing the volume button (to turn the radio on/off), the display then switches to 'audio off', and when pushing the on/off button again, the screen stays on "audio off". Only way to solve: switch off engine and turn back on

3/ When starting the car: the radio doesn't remember on which station you were on. You get scrambled sound, so you have to push some preset to get music.

Any ideas? I've read a lot about software updates, but how can you see which software version the system is running?

thx in advance for any feedback

Kenny

Edited by TRASH3

Hi Kenny, welcome to the forum. Here in Canada and in the U.S. we have a representative from Dodge who give forum members assistance on a regular basis. I'm not sure if they have a counterpart in Europe but hopefully they could help. Good luck.