Removed rear resonators

I did this to my 2014 3.6L. I went into the shop expecting to put two magnaflow mufflers on because I use Magnaflow on all my past trucks. The sound Magnaflow has is a nice deep rumble. BUT when the guy cut the stock mufflers off I heard the sound and it was pretty good just how it is. I thought hmm, I'll save 250 bucks and just keep the straight pipes to new 3in round tips at the end. The car sounded beast and had the signiture Dodge Rumble to it. BUT it is loud as hell inside the cabin. 95% percent of the time it is just me in the car so I got over the noise but my GF thinks its annoying and it's even louder when you sit in the back seat. All the people that here it coming says it sounds beast. But really it does nothing to the performance of the car. It is just making noise. Thats it. It hasn't affected the shift points or the engine in any negative way. and with the resignator and cats still on, there is still enough back pressure to keep it steady. BUT when tax returns come I will probably fork over the extra money to get the magnaflow mufflers put on because the sound will still be beast but it won't be as loud in the cabin.

Only down side to this is that people in their V8 mustangs, chargers, and challengers here it and want to race. Then I get my ass beat because it's still a V6 crossover ha.

And again, It doesn't sound like a V8. For people who have owned and V8 with an exhaust system, you can still tell that it's a V6 with a loud exhaust. But it sounds like a dodge.

IMAG1285.jpg

• 1 month later...

OK took me awhile to get back. Had a lot happening. After removing the mufflers the DJ sounded great but had a drone in the cabin between 2000 an 3000. So I just went old school and put a Cherry Bomb glass pack in this weekend. Man this thing sounds perfect. The glass pack is installed just before the split at the spare tire. Got a Spectre CAI universal kit that I'm tinkering with, but I think that I may be able to get it to work. If I can figure out how to post pics I'll show you what I've done so far.

Dewey