Back up camera focus

How sharp are your back up cameras? How far away from the rear bumper is the picture still sharp?

I think that the quality of my back up camera is a little on the bad side. The focal plane is quite narrow. And I have a hard time saying if its 100% sharp anywere.

Is there a way to adjust the focus?

/Andreas

How sharp are your back up cameras? How far away from the rear bumper is the picture still sharp?

I think that the quality of my back up camera is a little on the bad side. The focal plane is quite narrow. And I have a hard time saying if its 100% sharp anywere.

Is there a way to adjust the focus?

/Andreas

My camera stays focused for a good distance. You might want to clean the back-up camera if you have not done that. Recently, I noticed that mine was quite blurry, especially after the roads were salted making my car quite dirty. Wiping the camera lens under the rear tag fixed the blurriness for me.

Mine seems ok. It is not crystal clear. But like linaso said when mine is dirty it is worthless. Plus when it gets cold it gets fogged up or has frost on it. Never looked to see if it had frost on it or not. I have seen better factory systems, but this one is not bad at all.

Thanks for the replies. Since making sure it's completely clean it is a little better. But the main difference occurs in bright daylight - what a difference. The weather here has been very cold and dark - that seams not to be the best combination for the camera. Bad ligh, a little dirt and a little frost seams to have been the biggest culprits. I have placed an microfiber cloth in the car now…

Thanks. /Andreas

Thanks for the replies. Since making sure it's completely clean it is a little better. But the main difference occurs in bright daylight - what a difference. The weather here has been very cold and dark - that seams not to be the best combination for the camera. Bad ligh, a little dirt and a little frost seams to have been the biggest culprits. I have placed an microfiber cloth in the car now…

Thanks. /Andreas

If you have cleaned the camera eye and it is noticeably better in day rather than at night, you might want to clean the lenses of your reverse lights as well. My Journey seems to give off quite a bit of light at night when in reverse.