2011 RT - No Bluetooth, No Nav

Acey

I just purchased a 2011 RT and while reading the owners' manual discovered I should have BT and Nav. Well I definitely don't. I also have a much smaller screen with fewer options than most I see. Thought this would be loaded. Disappointed.

Have DodgeCACares or DodgeCares make you a build sheet using your VIN #. I have a feeling your dealer may have taken advantage of you. I know my 2010 R/T has bluetooth but there was no option as to the size of the screen, unfortunately.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

• Official Dodge Support

I just purchased a 2011 RT and while reading the owners' manual discovered I should have BT and Nav. Well I definitely don't. I also have a much smaller screen with fewer options than most I see. Thought this would be loaded. Disappointed.

Have DodgeCACares or DodgeCares make you a build sheet using your VIN #. I have a feeling your dealer may have taken advantage of you. I know my 2010 R/T has bluetooth but there was no option as to the size of the screen, unfortunately.

Terry

Thanks Windancer,

@Acey - Can you please send me your VIN in a private message and re-post on this thread when you've done so.

I'll confirm the factory equipment for you.

Also, your manual may not be unique to just your DJ. One manual might cover a few different trim levels so don't be confused if you see info. not limited to what's equipped on your DJ.

DodgeCACares is absolutely correct...the manuals include directions for all of the options available on the DJ for that year, regardless of whether or not your vehicle was ordered with those options. There are so many options, that "individualized" manuals are not possible. I know for the '13 model year, for instance, that there were 2 "major" divisions for the radio units, the smaller 4.3 unit and the larger 8.4 units and within those two major categories were a whole lot of "options"; speaker assemblies, blue tooth, navigation and UConnect. None were "standard" to any trim line and was only determined by whoever did the ordering for that vehicle. I ordered my DJ R/T and I ordered the top of the line system which was the 8.4N unit, with Nav, blue tooth and UConnect along with the, IIRC, 9 speaker sound system and voice control, however, I could just as easily have ordered a stripped down 4.3 unit to save a whole lot of money or if I planned on ditching it to replace with an Alpine or some other brand unit. I wanted all of the functions integrated; temperature control, heated seats, steering wheel, nav, blue tooth, and UConnect, so, I bit the bullet and paid for them along with all the other options (except the backseat DVD system; no kids) for the '13 model year. There are other options listed in your manual that you may or may not have; some of those, like heated seats and steering wheel, weren't available on all trim lines. Many different configurations for the DJ and there is just one manual that covers all of them.

DodgeCACares' build sheet should describe exactly what your DJ was ordered with...and that's the operative word; ordered. The manual covers all the versions, your build sheet will specify which of those are in your particular DJ.

I bit the bullet and paid for them along with all the other options (except the backseat DVD system; no kids) for the '13 model year.

I'm even worse.......LOL. I have the backseat DVD, I'm single and have no kids, so the only thing that may watch the DVD is my dog. Maybe I should put "Marley and Me" on for him seeing as he looks just like Marley. :lol:

Terry

154522546.jpg

Edited by Windancer