19 x 7 vs. 19 x 7.5--Any difference?

DJSXT14

Hey guys/gals,

Browsing on Ebay, looking to jump up to stock 19's from my 17's; unfortunately no one has a set available, but plenty of individual wheels, mostly "reconditioned" dont really care about that, BUT..

Of the 6 reasonably priced individual wheels, I narrowed down, 3 are 19 x 7.5 & 3 are 19 x 7.

Is there a major difference here? Can i build a set with one mis-match? Whats the difference and why the slight variation?

Appreciate any response about this.

Thanks!

No, you cannot mix sizes in a 3-1 ratio. You can in a 2 x 2 configuration like the SRT, but they have wider tires in the rear and don't rotate them front to back.

As far as I know, If they are stock Journey wheels, they should all be 19 x 7. I am not aware of an OEM wheel that was 7.5" wide. If the ad says its 7.5, I would think it might be a misprint???

These are the 3 OEM 19" wheels and they are all 19 x 7:

mFtUAa9H_wUxVpA_4EahUxg.jpgmZp4jVln-gLH5qkuFpZZnlg.jpgmgEQGZ6nc-3550TYnn4DMgg.jpg

Which style are you looking for? Try Craigslist. I bet you can find a complete set for way less than E-bay.

If you don't mind a drive, here is a set of 6 spoke chrome wheels for $200 in Poughkeepsie: http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts/4433831949.html

There are also a bunch of the 5 spoke style on www.car-part.com for around the $100 each mark. Search using the year 2010 as a later year won't bring up the 5 spoke style.

@FROGBOX

The wheels im viewing are on Ebay.. i contacted the seller's, one of which got back to me said yep, it was a mis-print! So im confident that the wheels i purchase will be just fine.

The type of wheels im looking to get are the "spider web" looking ones, the middle one in your pic provided.. they are MUCH nicer and more suited for the Journey, as opposed to the 17's i got.

So, i actually negotiated down a few of the seller's, and the grand total will be $675, $750 w/shipping. Not bad for a set of OEM 19'ers.

Give these guys a call. According to www.car-part.com, they have 4 rims for $150 each. Thats $600 + shipping. You may even be able to negotiate the price down if you are buying all 4, or perhaps ask for free shipping if you buy all 4???

Kosiski Auto Parts on Omaha, NB.

http://www.kosiski.com/

Edited by FROGBOX