New Tires for my 2011

redtomatoman

I've got 37,000+ miles on my kumhos. The kumhos have been good, but I've got another trip to the coast planned (1500 miles round trip). I think this may be the end for the kumhos after this trek. I think I want something slightly wider, so I'm planning to go with 245/50/19. Circumference is nearly the same as OEM. Anyone have experience with this tire size? Opinions? Any advice? I'm concerned about rubbing with turning because of the increased width. I would really hate that. Please let me know your thoughts. The folks here always give good advice.

Peace.

No issues with clearance with a 245 tire. The only issue is its not a common size, so less choices to go with if you prefer one brand over another. But that size is becoming more available now, so you can find some decent deals on brands that are available. For example, Firestone Firehawk Oval are less than $500 after mail in rebate at Tire rack right now. That is a smoking deal if you don't mind FS tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Firehawk+Wide+Oval+AS+%28W-Speed+Rated%29&partnum=45WR9FHWASXLV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Edited by FROGBOX

I think I want something slightly wider, so I'm planning to go with 245/50/19.

For me I replaced my 225/55/19 Kumho's with 235/55/19 Michelin Latitude HP's last fall, they work very well and I am very pleased with them.

Terry

For me I replaced my 225/55/19 Kumho's with 235/55/19 Michelin Latitude HP's last fall, they work very well and I am very pleased with them.

Terry

I decided to go with the 245/50/19 size because I think the speedo difference will be very small. Do you notice a difference between the speedo and GPS speed?

Peace.

I decided to go with the 245/50/19 size because I think the speedo difference will be very small. Do you notice a difference between the speedo and GPS speed?

Personally I am very happy with the replacements, The diference in sizes is so miniscle that the speedo is not really affected. The ride seems slightly better but I am one of the few people that felt the Kumho's were fine.

Terry