WHATS THE FUEL CONSUMPTION ON YOUR JOURNEY?

adolfusas

I have a new DODGE JOURNEY MY09 R/T 2.7L (V6). It has just run about 1900kms.

It shows me avarage consumption is 15.2L/100kms

Is it normal?

Any thoughts?

I have the same car as you, I dont run in it on E85 just on 95 octain.

Awerage on highway Speed 90-120 kmh, 0,85-1 L/100kms

Cities and around them 1,1-1,3 L/100kms

I think that you have to add extra 30% if you run on E85

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same journey/motor as you and we have had it for little over a week.

The fuel consumption for the first week when only driving a few kms to and from work did say around 16L/100kms (not E85).

But we took a trip yesterday and drove around 200kms and the average fuel consumption were around 13L/100kms when we were home again.

(BUT this is the TOTAL average fuel consumption since we got the car - to view the actual fuel consumption I think you have to reset this number in the EVIC. If you only drive short distaces - and like me in cold weather - the fuel consumption will be higher than what's stated in the specs).

/Andreas

I have the exact same journey/motor as you and we have had it for little over a week.

The fuel consumption for the first week when only driving a few kms to and from work did say around 16L/100kms (not E85).

But we took a trip yesterday and drove around 200kms and the average fuel consumption were around 13L/100kms when we were home again.

(BUT this is the TOTAL average fuel consumption since we got the car - to view the actual fuel consumption I think you have to reset this number in the EVIC. If you only drive short distaces - and like me in cold weather - the fuel consumption will be higher than what's stated in the specs).

/Andreas

Hi ! I have been reading your experiences about fuel consumption, and I am really happy I chose diesel.

We just vent for winter holiday to northern Finland and drove about 1500 km, average fuel concuption was 6.8 l/100km(34,6m/g). There were four persons, ski box on top, and the back end of the car was loaded almost to the roof .

http://connect.garmin.com/zumo/activity/76...eNumber=1&( don’t mind the word “motorcykle” )

Greetings oke

The problem with choosing diesel in Sweden is that the additional diesel-tax is several $100 per year. And if you like me not even drive 1000 km every year - the total cost is much higher. The diesel-fuel itself is new as expensive as ordinary 95 octane fuel - traditionally it has been cheaper, but it aint any more. But if you do drive a lot you will save cash by choosing a diesel engine.

/Andreas

Is it true that its because my car 's still a brand new car so it consumes lots of petrol....but after 6 months or 12,000kms (or after 1st service) it 'll go down or consume less petrol??

Can anyone share the experience?

Thanks guys!

I was in the dealer last week and asked about fuel usage and the tech stated it can take upwards of 12,000 miles to break in the 3.5L gas motor. The manual states that it will run good on a good gasoline at 87 octane, but 89 octane is recommended.

I was in the dealer last week and asked about fuel usage and the tech stated it can take upwards of 12,000 miles to break in the 3.5L gas motor. The manual states that it will run good on a good gasoline at 87 octane, but 89 octane is recommended.

Why the low octane recommendation in the us?

My manual states that the lowest recommended is 91 octane - but what you can actually buy here in sweden is unleaded 95 or 98 octane.

/Andreas

• 1 month later...
Why the low octane recommendation in the us?

My manual states that the lowest recommended is 91 octane - but what you can actually buy here in sweden is unleaded 95 or 98 octane.

/Andreas

91 (ron) octane = 87 pon/ron(usa ), 95ron=89(pon/ron) usa. Just use 91(ron) on cold cold weather but on summer use 95 (ron) . ps. I can hear ticking noise at idle using 87pon/ron here in san diego but only at idle and I will only fill 89pon/ron if the gas price will come down again.

91 (ron) octane = 87 pon/ron(usa ), 95ron=89(pon/ron) usa. Just use 91(ron) on cold cold weather but on summer use 95 (ron) . ps. I can hear ticking noise at idle using 87pon/ron here in san diego but only at idle and I will only fill 89pon/ron if the gas price will come down again.

Really? I have not heard any ticking noise at all. I used one, or two tanks of 89, but have used 87 the rest. I use Shell gas. If you want to know about if there is a difference in gas just google top tier gas and go to a link or two. I swear by Shell gas and its higher detergents for keeping the engine not only running good, but cleaner as well. I do not have any hard evidence of the inside part being clean, I just know I get better MPGs using Shell in my Caliber and now in my Journey.

sxt 3.5 v6 . san diego to long beach no a/c @ 65m/h 25mpg. long beach to san diego no a/c @ 65-70m/h 26.5 mpg.

Long beach to las vegas @70-75 with a/c 23mpg. Las vegas to Long beach @70-90m/h with a/c 23mpg.

ps. with 4 full grown adults plus bagages and a 3 year old child. Not bad huh!

• 2 years later...

Fuel consumption varies much depending on which kind of trips one are driving. I think the factory numbers fits quiet well to what I have experienced driving my Journey R/T 2,7 V6. Daily use forth and back to work average usage E85 15,3L/100Km a roundtrip 82km with speedlimits 40, 50, 60, 70, 110-120kph. With short trips into city it kan quiet quickly raise to 16-17L/100km.

On normal gas the numbers are 12,7L/100km forth and back to work and with short trips 13-15L/100km

Best results are when I travel longer trips off course then I normaly use regular 95 and I can drive 9,4L/100km which I think is quiet good. And that is with speed limits between 50-130kph.

And my Journey are one and a half year old and until now has passed 38000km

14.18 L/100Km for the last 5000kms 70% city driving....she tends to sip the fuel on the highway and guzzles it in the city.

I did not want to repeat myself but if you are interested see #10 post , at . I had posted my fuel economy there.

Terry