whistle noise while accelerating

Blackout

I would like to add that occasionally Chrysler has been known to repair beyond the warranty period, as was the case with my 1990 Min Van. The air conditioner failed at 6,000 km's over the warranty period. Unbeknownst to me this was a known problem and the service manager pleaded my case with the regional rep. Chrysler paid the whole shot because I faithfully followed the maintenance schedule, the importance of which DodgeCACares points out. The result of the service manager's assistance was my purchasing 5 more vehicles in subsequent years from this particular dealer.

As it should be. They have yet to steer me wrong, so I continue to be a MOPAR man.

Now, if we can only get lawmakers in Canada to pass the equivalent of the US's Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act, things would be fine. As it currently stands, dealerships are generally okay with you modifying the vehicle, but if Chrysler Canada finds out you are using so much as a K&N they will void your ENTIRE CAR warranty. That just is not right.

I was once threatened to have my warranty dropped just because I asked a question on the maximum torque of the 62TE transmission. The rep freaked out and asked for my VIN to void my warranty. Just because I asked a question. No sane person can tell me that should be allowed to happen.

I've mentioned it before, adding the K&N filter you may be looking for unwanted trouble during your warranty period. Plenty of threads on the net of cars with voided warranties using them. Dealers will look for any excuse possible to not have it repaired under warranty so it's best to stick with factory parts during the warranty.

Edited by Journey_SeXT