my intro

Darkpaw

Hello, everyone. New to the forum, and probably should have started here (I posted in another thread, and am very happy at all the help I got here so far).

So I guess I should start with my background....

A Mopar driver pretty much for life. My first "owned" Dodge was an 83 Charger 2.2. Great car, no power. Have had a variety of Mopar vehicles since that point. Currently in the stable is a 2012 Grand Caravan R/T and my new 2014 Journey Blacktop edition. The real shocker (especially to my dealership) is that I traded in a 2012 Charger SRT8 SuperBee to get my Journey. My current priorities have changed somewhat, and I felt that the SRT8 was no longer what I needed. So here I am.

The mod list is heavy, and I'm trying to lay out what I will be doing once it gets warmer here (I'm in New Brunswick, Canada). The top of the list is major stereo modifications, because even the "premium" Alpine system in this is just awful. I've been doing stereo installs since the mid 80s and have a shelf full of IASCA trophies from when I used to compete (including 1st place state championship in 1999, which won me an invitational to Nationals, in Texas, which I unfortunately never attended). The Journey has lots of space, and lots of potential, but it will take me a few weeks to figure out what I'm going to do with it. I'm thinking of keeping it to a single amp and just using signal processors to tune everything. Lots of pics will be posted once I get the ball rolling.

I was torn between the Journey and a Cherokee, but the Journey had a lot more power and was a lot bigger than the Cherokee. I had a Cherokee out for a test drive for quite some time and practically destroyed it by the time I returned it. Just wasn't what I wanted. The Journey is a much better vehicle, and had a lot more space and options for a comparable price. The only unfortunate thing with the Journey is that aftermarket parts seem to be pretty scarce for it. It's like nobody feels that they want to upgrade it. A 1.5-2" lift would be nice, but doesn't seem supported unless I can come up with something custom. Diablo Sport has been perpetually working on a 3.6 tuner for FWD, but probably won't release it until some time next decade (3.6 RWD is released, though, even though there's way fewer of them on the market).

Lots of other appearance-based mods planned. Can't wait for it to warm up so I can start tearing it apart.

Welcome, Ive had my 2010 Journey since June of 2013 and I haven't stopped doing Mods to it. Its so addicting. I did the Hypertech Computer Tuner and it was well worth it. Some appearance mods and I'm gonna do my audio system here soon. Ive already purchased some equipment....its sitting around waiting to be installed. I'm also gonna bite the bullet and get some new wheels even though I said I wasnt gonna do it this time around. My front lights are in the shop getting blacked out right now. Theres more to come I'm sure. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.