New to dodge...2014 Journey

angelr187124

Hello everyone! I just picked up my 2014 dodge journey yesterday and it's awesome. I actually bought the vehicle for my wife and plan on adding ad-ons soon as I can..for being the 4 cylinder model it actually does a decent job! I'm looking forward to owning this for a couple years and then jumping up to the R/T version as its what we wanted originally but a little out of range financialy...

• Official Dodge Support

Hello everyone! I just picked up my 2014 dodge journey yesterday and it's awesome. I actually bought the vehicle for my wife and plan on adding ad-ons soon as I can..for being the 4 cylinder model it actually does a decent job! I'm looking forward to owning this for a couple years and then jumping up to the R/T version as its what we wanted originally but a little out of range financially...

angelr187124,

Congratulations on your new purchase and WELCOME to the forum.

There are some great members on here who are always willing to help, great resource for everything DJ.

Thanks! I will post pics soon! I tell you what it's done better on fuel then my Honda Accord by far. .

Thats great! I can opnly say we get the same or better mileage with the V6 over the 4. We would barely eek out 24-25 mpg on trips. 17-19 around town. I think they must have improved a lot between 09 and now.

The two journeys I own both have the 6, but I have experience with and really like the 2.4l motor Dodge has. When I test drove the 4 cyl Journey, I felt the the 4 speed tranny is what held it back.... What I mean is, it just didn't feel or shift as smooth. The difference in MPG is probably great! If I had to do it over again, I would still have my 3.6, but the wife would be driving the 4 cyl instead of the 6.