CD Changer not working

Before I call the dealer, anyone have this problem? I had 5 CD's loaded, long road trip, got through them and was going to change them out. CD 1 came out, but the rest did not, long story short, I am getting a Mech Com Error so can not eject the rest of them. The radio itself is working, just not the CD part. I tried again this morning, but still no luck.

Thanks!

Alyssia

Before I call the dealer, anyone have this problem? I had 5 CD's loaded, long road trip, got through them and was going to change them out. CD 1 came out, but the rest did not, long story short, I am getting a Mech Com Error so can not eject the rest of them. The radio itself is working, just not the CD part. I tried again this morning, but still no luck.

Thanks!

Alyssia

I have asingle cd player and mine got stuck in there, it came out about 1/4 of the way and got sucked back in. It did this two or three times before it stopped coming out. I tried for an hour to get it out and gave up. The next day when I got in the car I hit eject and it came right out. Have not had any other problems.

Went to the dealer, they are ordering a new unit, should have it in a couple days. While there found out there is a Rapid Response out for the Brake Fluid indicator sensor. I have to get in line for that one, there is a backlog on the part.

• 1 year later...

I figured I'd add on to this topic as I had "mech comm" error occur.

If you know there's a CD / DVD in the unit.... it is jammed.

Remove center console bezel:

Open the small storage console on top of center console

Pull the bottom right hand corner of the FULL CENTER CONSOLE towards you. Don't be shy, it's held in quite well by clips

Continue to pull center console off, be aware that there are a few harnesses attached, no need to disconnect, just rotate the console sideways to reveal the radio torx screws

Remove the radio torx screw

Pull out radio and remove connectors (note the two round connectors are yellow/white that correspond with the radio inputs so you won't get confused)

Now that you have the radio removed, remove the top cover of the radio (a few screws, and a few careful "lifts" of the front faceplate to allow it to slip off

Poof! In my case, the jammed CD was staring right at me. Removed it, and all was well.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...