DJ owner opinions needed, please

Journey Dude

Going to go look at a 2012 DJ SXT v6 awd, has about 35k on it. It was a rental, but it looks well kept, they are asking $17k for it.

Anything I should look at? Anything to know? Is it about a fair price? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Also it does have 3rd row

seating and rear heat and air.

Thanks in advanced,

Marcel

Get the dealer to do an alignment (it was a rental), change air and cabin filters, balance the wheels, check brakes for wear and sticky calipers. See if you can the service records make sure no outstanding TSBs, get the build sheet for a listing of all the options, price an extended warranty, depending on your driving needs. Look at a 7/160 bumper to bumper $0 deductible. You'd be done for years!

Thanks guys, got the car fax for what its worth, no accidents, or anything major, just service records, oil changes and such. Good point on the alignment, I'll see if I can throw that in, and get a extended warranty! It will be used a lot, probably put on 18-20k miles a year. Plan on changing fluids, and a k&N drop in, and cabin filters if I get it right away.

Will be hauling my weekly trash to the dump, and small live stock now and then, best hitch kit out there for the DJ?

Anyways wish us luck hopefully this is the one.

Get the dealer to do an alignment (it was a rental), change air and cabin filters, balance the wheels, check brakes for wear and sticky calipers. See if you can the service records make sure no outstanding TSBs, get the build sheet for a listing of all the options, price an extended warranty, depending on your driving needs. Look at a 7/160 bumper to bumper $0 deductible. You'd be done for years!

Great advice especially on the warranty.

Thanks guys, got the car fax for what its worth, no accidents, or anything major, just service records, oil changes and such. Good point on the alignment, I'll see if I can throw that in, and get a extended warranty! It will be used a lot, probably put on 18-20k miles a year. Plan on changing fluids, and a k&N drop in, and cabin filters if I get it right away.

Will be hauling my weekly trash to the dump, and small live stock now and then, best hitch kit out there for the DJ?

Anyways wish us luck hopefully this is the one.

I installed a Curt hitch from Hitch Depot USA. Good price and very fast delivery and just bolted right in. Toughest part was dropping exhaust system to install hitch. Trailer wiring adapter was just plug in and away you go. With LED tail lights will need to run a power lead from the battery. Good DIY project for an afternoon.

Going to go look at a 2012 DJ SXT v6 awd, has about 35k on it. It was a rental, but it looks well kept, they are asking $17k for it.

Anything I should look at? Anything to know? Is it about a fair price? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Also it does have 3rd row

seating and rear heat and air.

Thanks in advanced,

Marcel

Does this 2012 have the bigger brake package? I know at some point the 2012's converted to the bigger brakes and it would kind of suck if you got the smaller ones.

Thanks for the hitch info. Not sure on the brakes? What was the difference in size so I can figure that out when I get there.

You did get a go price. Maybe the price reflects options?

This one has 3rd row, flex seating, stow n go, v6 awd. What options does yours have? Would rather have a 2013 myself, but pricing them and options

this right now is the best one in this 200 mile area. Leaving in an hour to go look at it.

I am not impressed with this vehicule. I have a DJ 2011 SXT (Got brand new in April 2011, Company car) and I got stuck with no ignition (Keyless) 4 times...had to be towed. I do about 36,000 KM a year, the electronic system is the pits. If I park the car for more than a week all the settings are off including the clock. The dealer is not much help either. I've owned dodge products since 2000 and this is the first Journey and the worst vehicle I've ever driven. I know it sucks to hear but that's my experience and its the truth. I now have about about 90,000 KM on the vehicule have about 20,000 KM to go before I change it. The transmission and motor (V6) I find are now well matched either.

RR

Thanks for the hitch info. Not sure on the brakes? What was the difference in size so I can figure that out when I get there.

You did get a go price. Maybe the price reflects options?

This one has 3rd row, flex seating, stow n go, v6 awd. What options does yours have? Would rather have a 2013 myself, but pricing them and options

this right now is the best one in this 200 mile area. Leaving in an hour to go look at it.

If you look on this thread Frogbox posted a before and after picture of the small and big brake. http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/4974-successful-big-brake-upgrade-on-2011-crew/

Well just got home, and we got it, 17k out the door, minus the add ons, plus we did get the extended warranty for an extra $28 a month with a $100 deductible. Drove it home averaged 22.5 mpg, compared to the Denali's 15.5, what an improvement! Drove real nice, and feel safe with the extra warranty.

Sorry to hear Robroz, I heard many horror stories, but also some good stories, and most from people on the road, so yes we were hesitant to buy one, but feel good about it, but time will time, crossing fingers, always liked Dodge products, and my SRT-4, has never been to the shop or left me stranded.

Also thanks for that brake link, it does have the single piston calipers, but first thing first, must get a hitch will start towing next week, any links will be greatly appreciated for best price. I'll post some pics tomorrow, if its not raining before I go to work.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a DJ 2013 R/T AT bought 3 months ago. Has a radio problem, cannot load navigation data, bluetooth not working. Jerks when gear shifted from P to D. Gives a banging sound when it starts to move forward. Dealer has no answers. Frustrating