Cutting wires in a new vehicle to me is nothing new, can't stand the crappy sound stock stereos produce. Especially with the factory bass rolloff. Nothing better than midrange crap when you turn it up! The Audio control OEM integrated units take care of this problem. Plus makes adding amplifiers more simple.

I suppose all the actual wiring is behind the disc changer? How the ef do you get that out?

The disc changer?

That's the actual radio. It's mounted behind the hvac controls. The screen above is just a screen.

Anyways.. Pry open the grey plastic peices running across the dash, there 2 screws behind,

Then pry the hvac control from beneath, pops open, the radio is that big box there.

If you remove the screen bezel, you'll get more access. Again 2 screws at the base of the bezel which u can see after you remove the hvac control. Screen bezel pulls fwd towards u. Limited cable clearance, BE CAREFUL!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok the speaker leads coming out of the back of the stereo don't supply any signal? Yes I have everything wired correctly, no sound or signal at all! Canbus related? The speaker leads from the stereo must go to some module before the actual speakers? Wtf!

Just curious if you got this to work out? If so, how? I am planning to do this same thing with an LC8i. Thanks.