Happy owner of an SE

hmk123

Wanted to help out the domestic auto industry and so we traded in my wife's 2002 Nissan Sentra for a Journey SE with Family Package. It was on sale at the local dealer for $17888. To me that is a lot of car for the money. Especially if you consider it got several airbags, ABS, ESP, etc. I think it drives very well and has lots of room. How good is the 2.4L in this car? Granted, I think it can use a bit more power but it depends on what you use it for. This car is intended for driving around town and so this engine will do more than fine. And it is ok for the highway. My wife sometimes complains a bit about the lack of acceleration. But I just wanted something basic since our other car is a 2006 Magnum SRT8 in which we have more than enough power. Overall we are very happy with the car: we like the way it looks and drives and how roomy it is. Although have to admit one thing: a week later we saw a new 2008 Edge SE at the local dealer for 30% off. First it was like $19.5k and now it is down to $17.5k. Given that it has a bigger engine it might have been an alternative. I sat in one though (could not move the seats) and it felt tight for a 6'2" person in the front.

Congrats on the new ride :rockon: I have the V-6. Gotta have my power. But even the V-6 feels slow to me. I can imagine the Journey feels really slow compared to the Maggie :D But I live in a mountanous region so I need the extra power for the hills. And that is awesome your wife likes power too. Mine won't even drive my truck. It scares the crap out of her :D

Thanks! Your Journey seems really nice with Rear Video etc. And your truck looks very fast!!! Which one do you have there? Is that an SRT10? Bet it goes up any mountain in no time!

Yep it is the SRT10. And thanks for the comment. Kinda funny with the rear video. The kids still ask are we there yet? :banghead: