Interior LED's

jkeaton

Anyone upgraded the interior bulbs to LED's? I did this on our 09 and just bought regular LED bulbs. In searshing for LED's for the 2013 model, I see options for "CAN BUS" LED's alongside the normal LED's. Do the newer models really need the CAN bus LED's for interior lights?

I have a 2010 Journey and I changed all my interior bulbs to regular LED's and they didnt work. I brought them back and tried the Canbus kind and they all worked perfect. So I would think that the new Journeys would need the Canbus kind. I also did my License Plate.....it looks real good. Im still working on all my other outside lights.

I have all interior lights as LEDs. Only one's i changed are mirrors on sun visors and license plate and glove compartment. Over head lighting is already LED. The one in the trunks i can't find LED replacements.

I used just regular LEDs.

I have all interior lights as LEDs. Only one's i changed are mirrors on sun visors and license plate and glove compartment. Over head lighting is already LED. The one in the trunks i can't find LED replacements.

I used just regular LEDs.

I used "42mm 8 SMD 5050 LED Pure White Canbus Festoon Dome Roof Light Lamp Bulb 12V", pics in my gallery. Looked much better. My interior lights were already LED and these tailgate regular bulbs bugged me so I replaced them almost immediately. Over a year with no problems.

• 1 month later...

ive also changed all my interior lights to LED. Like mentioned above the overhead were already LED but the trunk wasn't and a few others. so I changed the rest. also installed LED license plate lights, 10000k H.I.D, LED reverse lights and led fog lights. Im really happy with how everything turned out!! will be posting pics soon!

• 1 month later...

Does any one know if there a kit to do all the interior lights? If so where can I get it?

There is no kit. You will need to purchase all of them seperate. I see that you have a 2010. Mine is 2010 also. I tried the regular LED's at first and they didnt work. I then tried the Cambus version and they worked great.

Good day all....can someone please demistify what is going on here when you put in the make and model of your car

Does that mean that every bulb in the result provided, will fit then? I am confused

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/vehicle/2013-dodge-journey-wo%20led%20tail%20lights-license+plate/15-655-199-558344/

Good day all....can someone please demistify what is going on here when you put in the make and model of your car

Does that mean that every bulb in the result provided, will fit then? I am confused

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/vehicle/2013-dodge-journey-wo%20led%20tail%20lights-license+plate/15-655-199-558344/

On the left side of the screen, click which bulb you are intrerested in, the right side will then show all the bulbs they have that will fit. You gotta kinda know the approximate dimensions of the stock bulb then pick whichever one matches best. When I shop on there, I usually have another window open where I can google the bulb number of the OWM bulb and get the dimensions. This site is helpful identifying stock bulbs:

https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx#fldYear

On the left side of the screen, click which bulb you are intrerested in, the right side will then show all the bulbs they have that will fit. You gotta kinda know the approximate dimensions of the stock bulb then pick whichever one matches best. When I shop on there, I usually have another window open where I can google the bulb number of the OWM bulb and get the dimensions. This site is helpful identifying stock bulbs:

https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx#fldYear

I get that, but people have mentioned above that only the CANBUS fits the new cars

• 1 month later...

Only CANBUS LED bulbs worked on my Journey. I tried regular ones first and they didnt work at all.

Before I order for amazon....can anyone confirm that this is the right type and size canbus led buls for the dome and map bulbs?

http://www.amazon.com/CanBus-Bulbs-211-2-212-2-Festoon/dp/B00IK1WUSQ/ref=sr_sp-atf_image_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1397882534&sr=1-4&keywords=canbus+dome+light+212-2

Bloody h3ll...won't be doing that again, but the bulbs finally arrived yesterday from Honk Kong....over a month later. I changed them at work this afternoon and will post pic of the Ice Blue LEDs later tonight if I get round to snapping a couple of pics

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It may be too late for this reply, but there is certainly a lack of clarity on whether the canbus bulbs are needed or not.

I replaced the tailgate, map and soon the rear dome lights with #4410-NW9 (Natural White) festoon bulbs from superbrightleds.com. They are not canbus and they are bright and they work well in the DJ. I want to note that they also do the theater dimming to a certain point > then completely off. Remember that leds don't light up after voltage drops to a point.