Anti Theft Code Number

I have a 2012 DJ SXT and it came with the 4.3 screen and the system does not have nav or bluetooth. I do have heated seats but no auto climate control. I bought a 8.4 screen with the sd/cd/dvd radio with auto climate control from a 2013 DJ and have it hooked up already. The problem I have is it needs the code number to release the radio and other commands. I do have the VIN number of the salvage DJ along with the radio's serial number. Is there anyone here who maybe able to help me out if I gave these number to run and get the code number for me. Thank you for any help.

Brett

Went to the dealer on Tuesday and while I was there to get the transmission updated, I got the code from them. Came home and installed the radio and it works great now after inputing the right code but now I have to take it back and get the new hvac to sync with the computer.

Went to the dealer on Tuesday and while I was there to get the transmission updated, I got the code from them. Came home and installed the radio and it works great now after inputing the right code but now I have to take it back and get the new hvac to sync with the computer.

Unless you have new info on the hvac error with the 8.4 screen, don't waste your time. Dealer won't be able to help you.

Your TIPM won't take the update. It'll kick it back as an incorrect component.

If you've got new info please share it.

Unless you have new info on the hvac error with the 8.4 screen, don't waste your time. Dealer won't be able to help you.

Not yet. Friday is the day it goes in. The service guy looked it up and you could order the upgrade and have it install with no problems as long as the componets match or came from the same dj. Sp we will see when friday comes around and I will let everyone know how it turns out.

Well your right on the money. There is a 4 letter code ( not the 4 number code for anti-theft) they put with the radio for the 2013 software that does not match the software for the 2012 even though it is a RE2 radio, the software has change for the 2013-2014 DJ's. If this radio had come out of a 2012 DJ or a new virgin radio then it would have worked . Goss Dodge tried everything for 2 hours and could not get it to talk. Now I have to see if LKQ will take it back. I called them yesterday and they did not return my call yet. Might have taken Friday off after Thanksgiving to get a 4 day weekend. We will see. I am just going to leave the radio alone and if anything happen with it then I will upgrade it through Dodge.

Brett

Edited by boking1965

• 8 years later...

Regarding Anti-Theft codes: I don't believe all vehicles have one. I recently replaced my battery and the original factory radio didn't ask for one. I've also checked the glove box and I don't see a label with a code.

I'm in the process of acquiring an RB5 Nav radio. LKQ sent me the wrong radio, which was the same as the factory radio with no navigation, and I had to send it back. The radio they sent me asked for an Anti-Theft code. I finally found out that there are sellers on Ebay who will give you the code for about $3. The one I dealt with was gradiocodes. All they need is the radio's serial number. They sent it to me via message after just a few hours. LKQ is sending me another radio and it better be the RB5 this time or I'm just going to say "SCREW IT!" and ask for my money back. At least they were cooperative enough to send me a UPS return label. It should be from the same year Journey as mine so I don't expect any serious issues, and I now know a cheap way to get the code if I need one.