Ding/Chime Sound without Warning Lights on Dashboard

I had it happen a couple of times...finally tracked it down. My wife wasn't closing the rear lift gate with enough "umph". Evidentally it was enough to keep the "Open lift gate" light off, but, not enough to keep it from "chiming" on a bump. By the time I would look for what "chimed", the bump was over and the lift gate was back on the switch with enough weight to turn it off before I could catch (if it ever did illuminate) the "Lift gate open" light. It is very touchy...slam the lift gate and it latches firmly enough, just close the lift gate and it isn't latched all the way and a bump or sudden attitude change (like hitting the brakes) and it had enough give to sound off one chime... Taught her to give it a good slam (not overly hard, but, firmly) and look to make sure the tail light on the lift gate is a little lower than the tail light on the body, and haven't had it happen again.

Edited by webslave

• Official Dodge Support

I have Dodge Journey 2009 SE, I've been experiencing random ding or chime sound (like when out of fuel) while driving or when I applied breaks without any warning lights on the dashboard. Anybody here experienced the same issue?

erwinji,

This sounds a little odd that no warning lights accompany the chime.

Is this something that happens all the time? I haven't heard of anything common so I would suggest bringing your DJ to the dealer, if there are chimes then likely a quick scan will reveal fault codes.

• 8 years later...
On 10/21/2013 at 3:37 PM, erwinj said:

I have Dodge Journey 2009 SE, I've been experiencing random ding or chime sound (like when out of fuel) while driving or when I applied breaks without any warning lights on the dashboard. Anybody here experienced the same issue?

I own the same car, and I am experiencing the same problem, and a lot more!!!

Edited by Hales