Pioneer Avic-Z150bh aftermarket GPS NAV issues

Hi everyone, new to the forum!

Ive been having alot of trouble with getting my Pioneer Avic-Z150bh aftermarket GPS NAV installed in my 2010 SXT with infinity audio, here Toronto, Canada.

Quick question and i hope there is an easy answer. Is it possible to have an aftermarket kit installed in my Journey, or is the wiring simply too complicated to have it done?

ive taken it to a couple of authorized dealers (best buy and future shop), and they seem to be having problems.

btown,

You, sir, are brave. These systems are amazingly integrated. Maybe less so in 2010, but, nonetheless, still integrated. If you can return the pioneer system and get an upgraded Dodge OEM system, I think you'll be better off even if the cost is substantially more. I can't think of anything more infuriating than discovering some part of the vehicle electronics doesn't work while I'm driving. Makes me homicidal. I honestly believe that the days of aftermarket systems are numbered. If not, I think aftermarket systems will soon change markedly. I may be wrong, but I think you have a lot of frustration in your future with the pioneer system. I'm pulling this straight outta my @$$, but with OEM software linked directly to hardware, future aftermarket systems will need licensing from manufacturers. Maybe not, dunno. Maybe these aftermarket companies have some software tricks HP their sleeves. Right now, I think your chances of getting a fully operational better than OEM system are slim. Not impossible, but slim. Best of luck to you if you forge ahead with the pioneer.

Peace.

PAC C2R-CHY4 Factory Integration Adapter

Your DJ has the last gen mygig's. those aren't intertwined to the car like the current uConnect.

Those can be swapped out. Check crutch field for the rest of hardware you need.

You don't have the screen at the top of the dash, right?!

PAC RP4-CH11 Factory Integration Adapter - if you have the steering wheel buttons.

Metra 95-6511 In-dash Receiver Kit

Fits select 2007-up Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Mitsubishi vehicles double-DIN radios

- bezel fit adaptor

Edited by Mcgusto82