Fuel Induction Service (when is it required?)

Hi,

I went to a Chrysler Service Center for my regular oil change & tire rotation (my Journey is now at 38,000 kms) The technician recommended a Fuel Induction Service at 40,000 kms for $199.99.

I declined and told the service advisor that I would probably have it done on my next service visit.

I checked the owner's manual when I got home but couldn't seem to find this type of service mainatenance. Is this service really required? After how many kms is it recommended to be done? Any suggestions / experiences, please?

Thanks.

I don't believe it's required.

If you're concerned with your injectors being dirty. Get a fuel injector cleaner from the auto parts store, and pour it in every 30k miles. (-15$)

Most cars go over 150k with out ever needing fuel injector cleaning.

There is no recommended or required fuel injection service for your Journey, or for any Chrysler product for that matter. It is strictly an upsell item. Fuel injector cleaner, such as Techron, may be added to your fuel tank periodically to boost the gasoline's additives which are already in place to control deposits. You can buy it at most dealers and auto parts stores and add it yourself prior to a fuel fill. I have done this a handful of times in my 300M over the years. The car now has 284,000 miles and all of the fuel injectors are original. Never a problem with them - ever.

Chrysler's policy on fluid flushing is that it is not required unless the fluid has been compromised by a component failure.

In this era of corn added to gasoline you NNEVER need this type of service - Ethanol does an AMAZING job of keeping the internals of your engine and fuel system clean.

Decline, decline, decline all those things not specifically requires by the book.

You're very welcome, guys. There is a great group of people here that are willing to help and share information which all helps us enjoy our cars. One of the reasons I came to this forum was to learn a little more about the Journey before we bought it. Thanks to all of you who have shown me a thing or two since coming aboard.