Service King oops

Lawdog1911

I was in a minor accident 2 weeks ago. I was driving thru Wal-mart parking lot and as I made my way to the front of the store, this old lady parked in handicap parking to my left backed up fast full speed right across my front bumper. I got her Trailblazer from the rear bumper to the front bumper. Well, she did not stop after hitting me, she kept backing up fast until she hit a parked car to my right, then back across my front bumper and back into here parking spot. She hit the gas instead of the brakes.

Her insurance fixed the $3000 damage. Hood, bumper, inner bumper, grille, right headlight, right fender, and radiator support. It was in the shop at service king since August 7th. I picked it up yesterday and drove from service king to the hospital where my son was in 20 miles away. Today, I go to drive off and my AC is not working. I drive more and my DJ is not picking up speed like it should. I romp on it and try to get going because I was getting on the freeway. Now my temp light starts dinging, and it starts to bog down, so I start pulling over and this car next to me tells me my car is smoking real bad underneath. I pretty much drove around the block and back to the hospital.

Right as I am getting into a parking spot, the engine light and a lightening light come on and it turns off. I popped the hood and I smelled the coolant. I looked at the radiator hose and its not even on the radiator, its just hanging there. I moved the radiator hose and the clamp fell off. It looks like when they removed the clamp, it un-srung and they re-used it. I guess the pressure blew it off.

I called Service king right when the AC was not working and they were going to call be back. I ended up calling them back when it blew. They got a tow truck and hauled it back to the shop. They did get me a rental car though. I hope they don't just add more coolant and a new clamp and give it back. They do have lifetime warrantee on their work.

post-6847-0-11052100-1376624159_thumb.jp

post-6847-0-91435200-1376624178_thumb.jp

post-6847-0-17385000-1376624205_thumb.jp

post-6847-0-91287200-1376624250_thumb.jp

Are you in Arizona? I have worked with Service King a lot. I am an insurance adjuster. Just let me say this is not the first story like this I have heard. A shop in AZ that I would recommend to anyone is AZ Fleet Services on 19th avenue. I have had countless customers tell me what a great experience they had there. I hope everything turns out ok.

yrs ago my 89 dodge truck got hit head on in our small town and i had it towed to the best repair shop in town and they fixed it and called and said it was ready, so i went up and took it for a test drive and the speedo needle was jumping at all speeds and the air conditioning didnt work so went back inside and told him what was going on and he said well did they work before the acc. and i said hell yes they did, so he said he would fix everything and when i picked it up again i still took it for an other test drive before i signed the paper work ALWAYS check out the repaires brfore signing any paper work...

• 2 months later...