Flowmaster Super 40

• 2 weeks later...

To those who have installed the flowmaster: do you feel increase in the sound pressure inside the vehicle? Does it sound louder when you are inside?

And another question: which type of the offset muffler is correct one for DJ? C/O, O/C or O/O?

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=11139

Edited by Totemus

anyone suggest a certain setup? or part number flomaster? 1-2? 1-1? offset, no offset? or is that Dynomax better?

He actually has the setup described in the thread. 2.5 inch 1-1 offse/offset. You can search flowmaster'a website for a part number as each series mufflers will have its own part number. They range from 44, which is very loud, to bearly different to stock. Their website is good and includes sound samples, enjoy.

Dynomax is a good idea, but my research shows plenty of controversy around the brand. Many people complain about the rattling sound. Either the product is not developed enough or its too complicated for installation. Either way, I hesitate considering Dynomax.

I removed the stock mufflers and ran straight pipes, but there was too much cabin drone for my taste. So I got a cherry bomb glass pack mounted just to the rear of the resonator. This combo gives me just the sound I was looking for.

Mounted to the rear of the resonator?? So you have a cherry bomb hanging out the back end on both sides??? Doesn't sound very aesthetically pleasing...

• 2 months later...

Great thread, thought this would be an interesting addition. I stumbled on this video in titoboyjourney's gallery:

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/gallery/image/1689-20141010-182110/

When I asked him about it, he said he bought 2 cannon style mufflers off ebay for $50 a piece and paid $70 to have them welded in.

I'm not sure what a flowmaster setup costs, but $170 seems super reasonable for that sound.

Edited by pseudus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Had my resonator put back in yesterday. My two magnaflows were giving me a bad drone..but putting the resonator back on cut the noice down quits abit. I like it but I don't at the same time. Wondering if maybe I install my muffler just after the resonator and run pipe from there to the fear if that would give me a more deeper sound. Hmmmm. Any ideas?//also not 100% if I want to switch mufflers as I've only had them for maybs 2/3 months

Sorry man just trying to see peoples opinions that's all. My tips come right off the muffler so maybe that's the reason why? Not much of pipe after the muffler? I was even thinking just using one muffler right after the resonator and run pipes from there? Or take off the mufflers and add a magnaflow resintor behind the stock one?