2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD, So i noticed this problem after i began using the auto down front window feature via remote. When unlocking and locking the car, the hazards are suppose to flash. They don't anymore and the only way i know the car is unlocked is because the headlights come on. This is a very frustrating problem, as i cant tell if the car is locked or unlocked from a distance since the hazards in the front and rear don't flash to signal unlock/lock. I need to know how to fix it, also if there is a reason why it happend?? Please help!!

When unlocking and locking the car, the hazards are suppose to flash.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with you but just out of curiousity, where does it say that? I have a 2010 R/T and have never heard of it. I have both my horn and my lights flash when locking the doors and the lights come on when I open them. I believe this can be altered through the EVIC, just check the manual. Best of luck......

terry

Flash Lights with Remote Key Lock

This feature will cause the turn signal lights to flash when the doors are locked or unlocked with the RKE transmitter. This feature can be turned on or turned off. To change the current setting, proceed as follows:

• For vehicles equipped with the EVIC, refer to “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)/Personal Settings (Customer-Programmable Features)” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for further information.
  • For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, perform the following steps:
  1. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on a programmed RKE transmitter for at least 4 seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds. Then, press and hold the LOCK button while still holding the UNLOCK button.
  2. Release both buttons at the same time.
  3. Test the feature while outside of the vehicle by pressing the LOCK/UNLOCK buttons on the RKE transmitter with the ignition switch in the LOCK position and the Key Fob removed.
  4. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature to its previous setting.

Note: Pressing the LOCK button on the RKE transmitter while you are in the vehicle will activate the Security Alarm. Opening a door with the Security Alarm activated will cause the alarm to sound. Press the UNLOCK button to deactivate the Security Alarm.