Does not recognize my voice

Hi there, new to the site.

We have a 2012 Dodge Journey. Love it to pieces! My husband usally drives it - has no problems.

When I drive it, the UConnect automatically connects my blackberry to it- phone book comes up and all looks fine. but when I click on the voice button to say "call _____" - it always says "please try again." it doesn't seem to recognize my voice, yet all my entries are there and I can manually connect to any number, but I can't get it to do by voice. Works fine for my husband. Any thoughts or suggestions??? I speak loud enough and clearly enough so that's not the problem. Just doesn't seem connected for more than one voice. If you can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Today I took my Journey in to have a problem fixed with my third radio/nav unit, concerning an issue with requesting a song be played on the IPOD using voice recognition. I had the same problem with the original unit, where when I asked for a certain song to be played, it would highlight the song but immediately go to the next song.

When they said my vehicle was ready, I was told they ordered a new microphone for it. I wasn't having a problem with voice recognition, commands were understood, but not being "executed" properly. I think the technician was having trouble with the VR software recognizing his voice when testing the unit and discovered a problem I didn't know I had, since Mrs DoubleO7 doesn't drive, she doesn't use the voice commands.

You might want to talk to a service rep where you have your vehicle serviced, and see if they think its a microphone problem.