my new rt

myboy1967

Very nice

I have one on order & its on a rail car headed my way

How is the owners manual for explaining & detail?

From what I've seen on SXT's there is no Tranny dipstick & that concerns me as we dont have the "Lifetime Powertrain" warranty here in good rip us off Canada

Very nice

From what I've seen on SXT's there is no Tranny dipstick & that concerns me as we dont have the "Lifetime Powertrain" warranty here in good rip us off Canada

Why don't they have the warranty in Canada? Is it against Canadian law or ? Curious.

Why don't they have the warranty in Canada? Is it against Canadian law or ? Curious.

oh boy,

WARRANTY!!!!!!!

I called DAMNlerchrysler about that issue and also buying south of the border. The reason Chrysler doesn't offer the lifetime up here is cause "Canadians normally sell their cars more often or trade in. and offering the lifetime would be pointless" We have the 3yr 60,000km/ 5 year 100,000km warranty from factory but we can purchase different levels of warranties up to 7 years 160,000kms. Funny how we can't choose. I have my cars for YEARS and have to buy a to the nuts warranty

Also a vehicle purchase in the states and registered (if you can get past the red tape) in Canada has NO WARRANTY. The big 3 are all that way. My RCMP buddy just bought a 2008 Ford Superduty for $72,000 same truck south of the border,.....48,000 almost worth running with no warranty

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice

Few, if any, vehicles built in the last couple of years have automatic transmission dipsticks. The fluid is to be checked only with some whiz-bang device (in the dealer's service department, of course) which takes into account the temperature of the fluid and other "variables" (to quote my service department manager). Actually, I don't think I've ever had a transmission get low on fluid other than one time and then there was a visible leak from a gasket. Probably no cause for concern. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

We just got our Black/Black R/T and I can't drive this thing enough. My wife found the Journey on the internet and fell in love. Traded our Jeep Grand Cherokee in for the 3rd row seat(3 hyper active kids) and added the rear entertainment package. We got every available option exept smokers, and tow group.

Good luck!!!!

Ray in Mississippi

• 4 weeks later...
The manuel is somewhat confusing especially in the a/c/heater area and the MY GIG radio section. I will try to work through it this weekend. I have not looked at the engine yet. The car was just delivered on Wednesday and my wife won't give it to me for a minute.

I ordered the MyGig product and did not get an instruction manual, here is a link to download it. I don't know if it was an oversight or not but I knew it had to be available somewhere on the web.

http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/mygig/"]http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/mygig/

If you need to print it, I hope you have access to a printer that can print 2 sided. The file is a PDF and a printing option available is "booklet", which fits 4 pages of the manual to 1 sheet of paper (2 per side). So, this printing option will allow you to print the whole manual on 24 sheets of paper. Otherwise it is 96 pages, larger print of course this means more ink.

I hope this helps.