This was a good idea!

rolly

I've been RVing for years and that video makes the "circuit" on the forums at least once a year. While "cool", it doesn't really have a whole lot of space inside and most of us that haul a 5th wheel, like our space...as indicated in my profile picture and my 5er is on the small side at 34' 7" and ~11,000 lbs! We like them big in this country and in Europe (where that video originated) they like them even smaller than the 5th wheel styled trailer shown in the video. When we were in England we were amazed at their small "caravans" (RVs)...our back packing tent had more space than some of them! The only thing comparable in this country would be the teardrop style trailers...very small, no 5th wheel styled hitch, they are hitch pulled, but, light enough to be moved around by hand. I'll keep my "biggie" and pay the fuel bills, at least for the time being...I get 10.5 to 11.5 mpg pulling my Cougar and don't complain as I lay back in my recliner and watch the 32" flat screen before going to my queen sized bed to sleep with twin A/C units to keep me cool on those hot nights!

But, yeah, the 360 degree turn is very enviable! As the country song goes, with mine, "Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around!"

Edited by webslave

I've been RVing for years and that video makes the "circuit" on the forums at least once a year. While "cool", it doesn't really have a whole lot of space inside and most of us that haul a 5th wheel, like our space...as indicated in my profile picture and my 5er is on the small side at 34' 7" and ~11,000 lbs! We like them big in this country and in Europe (where that video originated) they like them even smaller than the 5th wheel styled trailer shown in the video. When we were in England we were amazed at their small "caravans" (RVs)...our back packing tent had more space than some of them! The only thing comparable in this country would be the teardrop style trailers...very small, no 5th wheel styled hitch, they are hitch pulled, but, light enough to be moved around by hand. I'll keep my "biggie" and pay the fuel bills, at least for the time being...I get 10.5 to 11.5 mpg pulling my Cougar and don't complain as I lay back in my recliner and watch the 32" flat screen before going to my queen sized bed to sleep with twin A/C units to keep me cool on those hot nights!

But, yeah, the 360 degree turn is very enviable! As the country song goes, with mine, "Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around!"

Its the easiest way that I've found........Some guys can turn it on a dime or turn it right downtown......