Brake system codes BRF & BR3 for 2008 Journey

Hey guys,

I have also to replace brake pads and rotors on our 2008 Journey SE 5MT (model for german market).

In the www I found some informations which shows 2 different OE numbers each for brakes and rotors:

Rotors:

04721995AA code "BRF"

68032944AA code "BR3"

Brake pads:

68029264AA code "BRF"

68029263AA code "BR3"

Does anybody knows the meaning of the codes BRF and BR3??? Both numbers each are for 2008 Journey diesel 2.0 & gasoline 2.4, 2.7 and 3.5 engines.

Thanks for any helpful information.

Greetz from Stuttgart/Germany

Horst

• Official Dodge Support
Hey guys,

I have also to replace brake pads and rotors on our 2008 Journey SE 5MT (model for german market).

In the www I found some informations which shows 2 different OE numbers each for brakes and rotors:

Rotors:

04721995AA code "BRF"

68032944AA code "BR3"

Brake pads:

68029264AA code "BRF"

68029263AA code "BR3"

Does anybody knows the meaning of the codes BRF and BR3??? Both numbers each are for 2008 Journey diesel 2.0 & gasoline 2.4, 2.7 and 3.5 engines.

Thanks for any helpful information.

Greetz from Stuttgart/Germany

Horst

I am thinking those are sales codes. Both BRF and BR3 are sales codes that applied to the Journey and are described as Anti lock 4 wheel disc brakes. I am thinking you could PM me your vin and I will send you a build sheet to see what sales code your vehicle came equipped with if you would like.

Hey Chris,

I´m not able to send you a PM yet. But I think it´s not that big secret ... anyway I won´t show the last three .. perhaps the major part is enough for you to look:

3D4GGN7B79T190XXX

But beside to know what are the right numbers for me, is to know what for are the others and are there any differences in sizes? I.e. rotor diameter or pad thickness

I made further checks and I think that the difference could be with ABS and w/o ABS. The pad ...63AA has thickness of 17,5mm (ABS) and ...64AA has 18,5mm (non ABS). But are there really existing Jounreys w/o ABS ???

My email is greed_alias_greed@arcor.de. Maybe you mail me your email adress because I have another question to you not be be discussed in a forum.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

• Official Dodge Support
Hey Chris,

I´m not able to send you a PM yet. But I think it´s not that big secret ... anyway I won´t show the last three .. perhaps the major part is enough for you to look:

3D4GGN7B79T190XXX

But beside to know what are the right numbers for me, is to know what for are the others and are there any differences in sizes? I.e. rotor diameter or pad thickness

I made further checks and I think that the difference could be with ABS and w/o ABS. The pad ...63AA has thickness of 17,5mm (ABS) and ...64AA has 18,5mm (non ABS). But are there really existing Jounreys w/o ABS ???

My email is greed_alias_greed@arcor.de. Maybe you mail me your email adress because I have another question to you not be be discussed in a forum.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

I actually need the last 8 of the vin to get the information I am looking for to determine the sales codes on your vehicle. I would suggest you email it to Dodgecares@gmail.com. As far as the brakes go, I am not really sure of part numbers in Europe as I do not have access to that information. Further, I am not sure if any vehicles outside North America came without ABS or not. Email me the vin and I will send you a build sheet with all the sales code that came on your vehicle.

Edited by DodgeCares